Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt confirmed that talks with Keith Bulluck are on hold.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

according to rotoworld and the beat writer for the lions it looks like KB may be headed to the lions. I'm still clearly a fan of keeping KB as made evident by the last few games of the regular season and how inept the LBs were. Plus if you had to pick between Thorton and KB to bring back to go along with Witherspoon, I would def pick KB for his leadership.

Another reason to bring him back is that we dont have enough picks available where you get real impact players (lets not kid ourselves rounds 4+ are gambles that usually at best give you depth players and not the stars that we need at a LB position that has 0 stars there--- and yes I know there are instances of some studs, but those are the extreme exceptions)

Source:
    Beat writer Tom Kowalski suggests free agent Keith Bulluck could be a candidate to replace Ernie Sims at weak side linebacker.
    Bulluck is 33 and coming off a torn ACL. He played for Lions coach Jim Schwartz in Tennessee, but it remains to be seen what the veteran has left. The Lions may be better off looking to the draft while they attempt to unwisely force Zack Follet into Sim's old spot.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I still can't believe how many people fell that hard for "locking McNair out." It was a freaking publicity stunt by Bus Cook (Steve's agent), done intentionally WITHOUT STEVE'S KNOWLEDGE while Fisher and Reese were out of town.

Actually, given the reaction that it's gotten over the years, it may have been the smartest move he's ever made. He got paid again because of it.

3. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Do you have any evidence to support this ? I never heard about this angle

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

^

Of course that's total bs. Yeah its possible and even likely Cook withheld the info from McNair, the info NOT to go to the workout facility. But we still are the one's to call a trainer and tell him to lock the door on McNair. You'd think Bud could just phone McNair and say this is whats up, your agent was supposed to tell you. Or we'd get a coach to call, or handle in ANY WAY better than how we did.

But to act like this is all on Bus Cook is bs.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bulluck on the Lions... Hmm, Jesse is looking smarter everyday.:facepalm2::bighomer:

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Is John Wooden still alive??? If he is, he knows something.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You've changed since you've been running for mod. :grrhee:

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Goldman-Sachs must've donated to his mod campaign.:wink2:

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Get em Lions! He has seen his best days, but the Lions need some defense help and Bulluck would provide some uplift until they can get a younger stud.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From what I understand, the Titans front office didn't want to risk the liability of having to pay $10mil to McNair if he were to get injured while working out at Baptist Sports Park. They contacted Bus Cook who was unable to reach McNair before he arrived.

At least that's the "official" version.

Personally, I think Bud wanted to send a message by locking out McNair and told the front office to do so while Reese and Fisher were away. Cook got pissed when he heard about and, IMO, told McNair to go anyway so it would generate the publicity he wanted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar