Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt confirmed Randy Moss won't be back.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt confirmed Friday that free agent Randy Moss won't be back with Tennessee.

"Honestly, I don't think we'll try to re-sign him," said Reinfeldt. We never thought it was a realistic possibility anyhow. Moss either didn't care one lick about playing for the Titans, or he simply had nothing left in the tank down the stretch of last season. He caught six passes in seven games with Tennessee, playing just 19.8 percent of the snaps in the last four.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

He didn't care in NE (especially after he wouldn't get a new contract) or Minny and was still producing at a decent level.

Fisher sure wasn't kidding when he said Moss was brought in as decoy.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay, that's fine, we didn't even play him so no biggie.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Hard to be a decoy when your sitting on the bench. It's difficult to believe Randy really declined THAT much so quickly. He had 1200+yds and 13 TDs in '09. Maybe he really is done though. I can't imagine even Fisher would be dumb enough to let him waste away on the bench if he had anything left.

Which leads me to a different issue, if he was in fact done then why did we even sign him to begin with? Shouldn't the FO be aware of this prior to putting in a waiver claim? I mean, they had 8 games worth of 2010 film to look at. I don't buy the "decoy" reasoning as you have to actually be effective at some point in order to be a successful decoy. Nobody is gonna fear a guy that is lucky to get one catch per game.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Alright Dusty, enough out of you. Blaming Fisher is the right thing to do.

6. GeronimoJackson

[​IMG]

7. GeronimoJackson

He was a decoy when Britt was hurt as we obviously didn't throw him the ball very much but at least he was on the field. Then Britt came back, and Fisher couldn't put them both on the field, which will probably remain a cold case. What made matters exceptionally odd was when Britt came back, it wasn't like Moss just got pulled out of the starting up and turned into a slot guy. He went from the 1 receiver to being completely buried on the depth chart, even behind Gage, immediately when Britt returned.

He was still producing while not even trying with NE and Minny because first he was pouty about not getting a contract, then he was pouty because he wanted to go back to NE. And he was still showing flashes of being a deep threat in the first half of the season. As you said, it's difficult to believe anyone can decline like that in such a short span.

Why did Fisher think Moss was so worthless without being a number 1 receiver? *directs you back to the part where I mentioned cold case*

8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Yeah, I never really thought it was going to happen, either. Moss was misused here, and didn't have his heart in it, anyway. I predict that wherever he ends up, he actually will produce decent numbers. Maybe not game breaking numbers, but I refuse to believe he lost all his ability in just one year.

He's bound to tail off, but I don't think he's done.

EDIT: Also Geronimo, which game is your sig from? Was that after Drew dropped a pass that ended up losing them the game? I never saw that game per se, but I've heard a lot about it.

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

hard to be a decoy when you announce it to the whole world...
    "HEY EVERYBODY!!! we're not actually going to be using Moss to catch any passes, he's just going to be there to draw defenders away from players that are... sooooo...feel free to have him in double coverage!"

i think i saw some article in USA today that stated that strategy...sheesh..

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So can we admit that Deuce Wayne was right about his 10 gotitans.com pages of ranting on this back when we signed him?

:)

"SUPERBOWL!!"... riiiight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar