Titans @ Giants Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Wrong? lol Seriously?

Yards came at the stat padding portion? Seriously?

ha!

This defense gave up almost 500 yards offense today.

Gave up 26 first downs.
    Gave up 16 passing first downs.
    Allowed Eli Manning to go 34 for 48 passing.
    Allowed 5.4 yards per rush.

The defensive line did nothing. Eli had all day to pass on most downs.

And no, most of it wasn't in garbage time. They did it all game but turned the ball over 3 times in scoring position.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

With that being said, I like Young and root for his development.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

26 first downs is a lot.

4. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I hate that our offense needs to go 15 yards for every first down with all the dang false starts!

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Looks like my post ignited a bit more discussion than I expected.

I was just pleased that VY had a pretty good game after being benched last week. It makes me think that he really is growing up, which bodes well for the future.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

A lot of this was in garbage time, but I cannot disagree that our D looked a little shaky today....if we were Giants fans we would be wailing about how we GAVE the Titans this game (like we all did last week)...and we would be right. The Giants have no shoes left from all of the bulletholes down there.

This was the first game against a legit passing team this year, and kind of concerns me about how we will stack up against the Cows and Colts. We have some work to do here, IMO.

However, I am happy with the road win...

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

You VY homers need to get together. What makes a good QB? Stats, Post Season Record, NCAA Rose Bowl or Regular Season winning percentage? I guess whatever helps your argument.

8. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I still cant find the chat room.

9. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Our relentless grinding of CJ up the middle against a loaded box is really starting to make my stomach churn.

We have a ton of stuff to improve on but an overall decent performance aided by a complete Giants meltdown. The offensive playcalling still leaves much to be desired. VY with 4 pass attempts at halftime? Geez. And Jake Scott, come on man! Making our offense need an extra 5 yards every other drive is a killer.

Sure, we gave up 500 yards of offense. But as long as we can hold our opponent to 10 points I could care less how many yards the D gives them. 2 and 1 is much better than where we were this time last year.

And on another note, good to see the Texans being brought back down to earth.

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree...it will be interesting to see how the Cows handle the drubbing...will they step up or go back out to pasture (as have have in the past)?

This could shape up to be a real horserace in our division this year, although we will have to step up the pass D to stay in it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar