Titans getting a lot of love from ESPN

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I was on the road a lot today and noticed Cowherd and Mort talking about the Titans. I believe the words "dark-horse favorite for the Super Bowl" was mentioned.

So much for flying under the radar. The Titans have become the "flavor of the day".

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:doh:

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I dont know whether to throw up or jump up and down. ESPN's view of things is always a little off.

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Hoge was saying the same type of stuff after the Jags game. Of course, his reasoning was that the Titans could win the super bowl because Vince Young is injured. It's a lot more fun to play the underdog card, but I have to admit that this team has a good chance to make a deep run into the postseason, especially with New England and San Diego seemingly down.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

hmm, maybe a suicidal qb isn't all that bad after all....I guess improving the past 3 seasons, having a top ranked defense, and making the playoffs last season, didn't quite get through to all the so called experts. But Vince Young running around with a shotgun and depression problems makes us contenders, makes sense.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

We need to play a lot better on offense than we are now for us to be even thinking about the superbowl.

7. Morph

Morph Revolution

Maybe it's just me but I have a feeling that if CJ goes down and out for a few weeks (God forbid a season long injury) then our offensive production will reduce dramatically and quickly. I mean sure Collins proved he knows the offense better now and can pass the ball (even though it was against one of the lower if not lowest ranked pass defense) and have WR actually catch it...sure White can run the ball but no one is more explosive and dangerous than CJ on offense. Almost like our defense did last year without Haynesworth.

Basically, I believe the health of CJ depends just how far we go in the post season.

Note - I cannot be held responsible for jinxing anything. =|

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Cowherd was all about the titans this week. He had Schlereth on the day before Mort, and Schlereth said if Collins is just efficient that the Titans are basically the 01 Ravens.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

if they titans put of 37-40 points, we would def grab everyones attention.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

and if we go 3-0 the Purple People Eaters would love to be the first ones to beat us and so on.... teams that start out good draw a lot of attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar