Titans front office to blame for Colts loss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

There weren't many realistic short-term options for us this year. Not a lot of great WR FAs, and we made a play for at least 2 or 3 but it just didn't happen. Jones has been quiet in 2 games, but he and VY really were getting gong last year, so I'm expecting more on MNF from him. Roydell had a great camp and he made several beautiful key grabs last Sunday - not 1 drop. I really like his chances of breaking out this year. Ealy hasn't had a shot yet, and Davis is still getting settled in. I see it taking at least 4-5 more games to find out what we have at WR.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

3. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Why? Bennett wasn't really any better than what we have now. The last time this team had any top notch WRs, they Houston Oilers and Warren Moon were running the run & shoot.

4. Titanics

Titanics Guest

I don't blame the front office for this loss. The FO helped bulk up the defense which was the worst part of our team last year.

If we can't get the passing game going this year, then I rely on the FO to address that issue in the off season.

5. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

maintain and develop chemistry. VY & Drew made some nice plays last year.

6. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

What a stupid article. Talking about bad journalism 101.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"It’s hard to completely fault Jones for the drop. He really shouldn’t be asked to make that kind of play in that situation."

why, it's his job!

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Yeah, I think it's just a bait article.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Lot's of things to disagree with..

1. Fisherball is a myth the titans need good Wrs and a good passing game as much as most teams.

2. Vince has completed 62% of his passes this year so far so i seriously doubt if he has missed that many wide open WRs.

3. The titans had an exceptional group of Wrs in 02 and 03 and we won.

The biggest problem we are having now is the inability to stretch the field. Our 2 starting WRs are averaging 9 yards a catch. Anyone who doesn't think that bennett would be better than moulds is dense. There was a guy available who might have helped this situation and forced teams to respect the long pass. His name is moss and he could have been had for a 4th rd pick.

10. wg53

wg53 Starter

That drop wasn't his fault. Did you see the angle his body was at when he tried to catch it? That is Vince's fault for not putting the ball in a spot where he could've made a play on it. His throw was off and Jones made a good attempt at catching it considering how off the pass was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar