Titans Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

We have a ton of cap space that we need to eat up. People need to quit dreaming that we are signing every big name free agent that hits the market. Hes definitely expandable, but $1.5 for a vet corner isn't that bad. Obviously I would want someone better, but he serves a purpose on this team.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Hopefully that purpose is to be mocked and used as an example as in "hey new CB, do you want to be serving water like Blake? Cause that's where you're headed!"

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It'd be worth signing Blake just to be able to cut him.

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I'd like to keep Klug, Stafford, Spence, Schwenke, and Bell but I would not pay much for any of them.
    Everyone else should be gone for sure.

5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Why? Giants did it last year. They signed Jenkins, Vernon and Harrison, three of the top five defensive free agents, and it completely revamped their defense. Adding Berry, Bouye and Collins would do the same to ours :)

Never say stop dreaming

6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

We only had $23m in cap space for 2016. In 2017, we have $70m, and $85m after that. We should be loaded soon for a deep playoff run. Some of that is being eaten up by McCourty, warmack and even Searcy at $23m. Amazing.

7. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

They also grossly overpaid for them.

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

If it gets them another Super Bowl win, I'd disagree.
    Their defense is 2nd i fewest points allowed in the regular season.

9. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Any way we can trade for Atlantas Keanu Neal, or at least find someone in the draft compatible

I remember watching the draft last year and he was the first "reach" when his name was called it seemed like; but he's turned out to be one of my favorites from that draft class - brings the truck stick on hits, seems smart for a rookie and is all over field - someone we could always use in the backfield

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With his style of play, he'll need to be 100%. I expect him to be signed to something which doesn't guarantee much and doesn't hurt much if he's cut.

Spence, Schwenke and Stafford are nice depth but, I suspect, will go elsewhere to try to find a #1 job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar