Titans Focus Shifts to the Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You can

Well, I think is all on our defense, Bulluck and Co have to make plays, and put some pressure on Manning, last year that was the key, creating turnovers.

I think the Colts this week are worried not only about VY, the are worried about Chris and Lendale, and with that in mind, Tennessee will try to run the ball and later kill the Colts with playaction passes to Scaife and B.Jones, mixed with some waist breaking runs courtesy of Mr V..ictor...Y (watch out Colts LB, your waist maybe injured sunday).

Please people, be loud on Sunday, from Mexico City we support the Titans, see you on Dec 9th for the Chargers game!!!!

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

This is probably the most interesting game on the schedule in my opinion. Home Opener, we're fresh off an exciting road victory and we're playing the defending champs who happen to be our bitter rivals. This game has the makings to be the game of the week, sports fans. Both teams have a few more questions to answer, however. First, is the Colt's defense really improved or were they helped out by a lackluster New Orleans offense who weren't on the same page? Second, are the Tennessee Tyrants back after an impressive showing against a potent Jag's rushing attack? These are only a few questions that need to be answered. IMO Defense will be the key to the game for either team. If we hold Addai in check and CB and Lendale (with a heavy dose of the physical LenDale...lol never thought I'd say this) run all over the Colts, we should be fine. However, I really don't like the fact that Gerrard got 200 yards on us even when he didn't have a running game to help him out. Though, you could say it was the several new faces we have in the secondary getting acclimated. Also, our Red Zone offense needs to get its act together. Long story short, here's to a good game this sunday. :grrhee:

3. TheMugwump

TheMugwump Guest

I must say that Tennessee's defense looked a LOT better against the Jags than I expected them to. Huge kudos on that. It was of course the Jags, and they are in a bit of disarray, however they have, or had, a strong running game last year, and that just wasn't evident at all. Of course they have never had a sliver of the offensive success of Indy, and as good as the Titan's D is, they should not expect to be as successful this weekend.

That said, I think that this weeks game hinges on Tennessee's Offense v. Indy's Defense. Those who think last week's performance by Indy's D was a fluke have forgotten that they've now been very impressive for five straight games. And yes, many like to point out that last year's playoff D was a different group, with Harper, David, June, and McFarland gone. Well, kind of. The two new corners played a lot in the playoffs, and made huge key plays. Those who've watched the Colts closely feel that they've in fact upgraded at corner, a LOT with Jackson and Hayden. We'll see. They've certainly upgraded at LB with Morris having a full summer and camp at Sam, and Keiho at Will instead of 210 lb. June. Losing McFarland is the only minus.

Of course, the Titan's Offense showed last week that they've upgraded from last year as well. Young is only going to get better, and he was (of course you know this) damn good last year. White looks MUCH more focused and ready, and btw WHERE has THAT Chris Brown been for the last three years?

If Indy can hold Tennessee under 125 total yards on the ground, and force Vince to throw, I like Indy's chances a LOT. But this game could go either way. Young brings speed, but so does Indy's D. Of course Young brings SIZE too, which Indy has a LITTLE more of this year, but their certainly not what you'd call big. I'm interested to see if a quick/fast defense can do what a massive/mauling defense (Jax) couldn't.

It should be interesting.

Here's to an exciting game where NO ONE gets injured. Last week was a nightmare across the league, and we could do without that again.

Cheers, Titan's fans.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Titans 24
    colts 17

That's all I have to say about that...

5. TJ, I heard somewhere last year that the Colts change their offensive hand signals every week. So its not going to help us that they played for the colts before. And having Harper doesn't make me comfortable, look at what happened to David.

6. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

I hope the same Chris Brown from last week shows up!

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

If he does give us a W.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

KVB, Brown, Haynesworth, Odom. Odom's inside move will present ALOT of problems for Melon Head.

Manning WILL visit the Titan turf Sunday.

And yes TJ- WE NEED TO BE LOUD, LOUD, LOUD!!!!

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm more worried about addai than manning

10. TDTitan

TDTitan Guest

Someone in a previous post had the right idea. It's too easy to look at this game and try to point to tendency/audible knowledge from former Colts among other, quite frankly, relatively trivial things. Come gametime, Jeff Fisher really does have the answer, and it's keeping Manning and that offense off the field! The performance of the running game will undoubtedly dictate the final result.

Furthermore, any chance we have of slowing up that offense will come from the defensive line's play as opposed to the cornerbacks. Pressure on the quarterback is the key thing here, because time and time again, literally on a game to game basis, the Colts prove that you just can't cover all those guys if Manning has time to let it fly. Even neglecting the fact that wide receivers have all the advantages these days, that all-star bunch lining up for Manning every play is still impossible to hold up for too long. Kyle Vanden Bosch, Antwan Odom and Bryce Fisher are going to have to get the job done this week on the outside of that line. If last week was any indication, hopefully our tackles and linebackers can slow up Addai enough to limit the Colts, at least somewhat, to one facet of offensive production - and then a big play here and there from the ends should do wonders for the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar