Titans First-Round Draft Pick (#20): Baylor WR Kendall Wright

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Somebody help me understand how wright was BPA when nearly EVERY board has Decastro ranked WAY ahead of wright.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Decastro will never have a career touchdown:wink2:

But maybe the F.O. thought his value was inflated because he was the only good player at his position.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

What makes this worse is that the Texans got Mercilus.

That one is going to bite us in the arse for years to come.

4. Deuce Wayne

Whose board?

Maybe ESPN's. I don't think anyone truly thinks DeCastro is anything great.

5. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

After watching a few highlights of Wright, who made who? Did RG3 made Wright or did Wright made RG3? Most of the highlights I watched had Wright way ahead of any defenders when he caught the deep ball. He made many plays on his own dodging and juking defenders which added plenty YAC and TD's. I understand that was college and won't be able to do the same in the NFL as easily, but he does have that skill set.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The biggest knocks on Wright are his raw route running and his blocking skills it seems.

The best part about both of those is that they are coach-able. I doubt Washington will allow him to stand around on running plays and not get his hands dirty.

We have the players to make sure his weaknesses are not that weak for long.

7. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

I saw a comparison on National Football Post to Mike Wallace...if he's anything similar to Wallace we got ourselves an awesome deep threat WR

8. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I have no idea why anyone hates this pick. So what if he isnt a super fast WR, he is a star. And everyone is forgetting this guy played all 4 years of college and got better each and every year. He catches everything, and has return skills. He will work very well with Britt, Washington, Williams, Cook & of course CJ.

For the first time in YEARS, the Titans finally pick the player I wanted them to at the time of their pick. Floyd might have been better, but he was higher ranked. You cannot go wrong with Wright.

We NEED weapons on Offense. And its clear based on last years draft that we can find Defensive talent in later rounds. But star WRs like Wright were no way going to make it to later rounds. I LOVE THIS PICK!!!! GO TITANS!!!!

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I fully expected the pick to be DeCastro. I think the guy will be a lock for the Pro Bowl for years to come. I was pretty upset last night when the actual pick came in. We have so many other needs and there were good players available to fill those needs. Taking a WR (and a #2 at that) just seemed like a huge reach to me.

Then, I realized that I don't work for an NFL team and have limited information at my disposal on these players. Wright must have been much higher on the Titans' board than any other player left. Whether the pick works out or not, Wright is the guy that the FO felt was the best prospect at #20. I'm hoping they are right.

10. Deuce Wayne

I'm just glad someone selected D. Poe, Kirkpatrick, and Barron before we did.

And it's not the player I'm knocking. It's the thoughtless pick. Wright was my favorite WR coming in. Personal favorite, at least. Still... many questions. Other needs.

This draft was crazy deep at WR also... no reason to take one there unless it's a huge need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar