Titans First Overall Pick In 2008 Draft!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by onetontitan, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Who do you want?
    Why do you want them?
    Why would we benefit from them?
    Who can contribute immediately?

Feedback is appreciated. Its draft time and I can smell it in the air!

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think we that we need Deshaun Jackson or Devin Thomas as our first overall pick. Both are great burners and can contribute immediately. They can also progress along with Vince Young nicely.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I think the top tier receivers of this draft will be gone when we're on the clock. I wanted Manningham, but with the recent news of his herb smoking I doubt we'll take him. I think we'll take Limas Sweed, but I want to draft Andre Caldwell. I think Caldwell will wind up being a better receiver in the NFL than several of the receivers that are going to be taken ahead of him in this years draft.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Andre Caldwell would be far better value in the 2nd round than anyone in the 1st and I seriously doubt we are going WR at all in the 1st. I think we take the BPA on the defense in the first unless a stud RB falls to us. Let the other teams take all these average WRs in the first.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Soxcat..I tend to agree with you.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Like whom? To read these noards there are 7-8 stud backs.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Right on. I think we need to look for a RB in free agency. We need to let Lendale and Henry do their thing. Yeah, we need to pick up another RB, but why do we need to draft one? Lets get a young guy in free agency. You know a pretty good RB will be cut near training camp and I'm sure that person will be added to our roster.

8. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I think we could get value at RB in the 3-5 rounds. I wouldn't mind taking WR in both 1 and 2, and hope that 1 of them could step up as a go to guy. Sweed/Caldwell (or whoever the staff thinks fit, as opposed to us amateurs) would make me happy.

9. ConVinced10

ConVinced10 Guest

If i were the Titans I would pick....
    1st round- Devin Thomas/Limas Sweed (whoever is there)
    2nd round- Jamaal Charles (great RB and great hands)
    3rd round- DE

10. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

High-quality RBs in the draft IMO:

1.McFadden
    2.Mendenhall
    3.Stewart
    4. Chris Johnson - EXTREMELY debatable among many here. I've made several posts about our offensive speed and versatility. He makes alot of plays because he is one of the fastest people in football, and when he catches the ball, he will make you miss. So in my opinion, I put him up there.

Chris Henry = Extremely atheletic, not much on the football skills. he put up nothing in college, and doesn't have the concept of vision on the field. I'd love to eat my words if he does well this year, but I don't count on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As to the original post,

Who do I want? Desean Jackson
    Why do I want him? Because he is fast, can catch well, and makes people miss... All the makings of a good WR in the NFL.
    Why would the Titans benefit from him? Because his ceiling seems to be Steve Smith level.
    Can he contribute immediately? Definitely at PR, maybe at WR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar