Titans fire Byner, hire Pola

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans News, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Fisher and Lowery are BFFs. Lowery and Nickey will be in 2 tone blue as long as that mold is on the north side of my house.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Fish never seizes to WTF me. Just when you think he couldn't be any more of a d0uch3 he pulls a stunt like this.

It has to be personal, Byner referring Jim Wyatt's d-bag questioning to Jeff tells me that it wasn't pretty at all.

I don't think Byner will be out of work for long. The 2 seasons he has been here with us have been pretty impressive. Sure he's not an OC but having a 2K yard rusher makes him relevant no matter what we think. I won't go so far as to say that I'd like to see him go to Jax and stick it to Fish, but I will say that I hope he does well for himself wherever he goes.

And with that aside, I am hopeful that this Pola works out well for us.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Too bad USC's 20 five star running back recruits wont come with Pola.

Really, how do you evaluate a running back coach at USC? Stupid.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What are you on about? He was Jacksonville's RB coach.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Byner was one of the few coaches Zorn did not retain. So that is weird too. Has CJ twittered on it. I know he's hanging with Brandon, but no tweet on Byner?

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

"New Titans running backs coach Kennedy Pola isn't exactly sure why the coach he's replacing was fired. He didn't ask when he accepted the job." - tenn.com

who is?? im still waiting for a reason. isnt there need for sufficient reason when you fire some1 (ie norm chow)?

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I am thinking that maybe this is more to coach up Lendale, or maybe Ringer, more than it is CJ. If they truly are going back to a two back set and splitting the reps more next year we need a #2 that is effective, which Lendale I thought was in 2008.

This guy maybe can help CJ tweak some techniques and help him to be more efficient in picking his lanes. I would think it would be minor tweaks given his speed...but then again this might be more for the #2 and #3 on the team than CJ.

8. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

it not about it just being a RB coach, its about the principle of Fisher firing someone who was doing a great job so that Fisher can give his buddy the job

9. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

i dont like this one bit, but im sure he'll get picked up real quick as well....

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Doesn't look like it. Not a lot of job openings right now, since there wasn't as many HC firings this year there's not a lot of staff shuffling.
    But he's still under contract for a year, so he'll get paid for next season even if he doesn't find a spot. Funny Bud said he wouldn't fire Fisher with 2 years left on his deal, but Byner gets axed.

All the talk is Byner spoke his mind, and apparently no one is allowed to have an opinion that differs with Hitler, er I mean FISHER...:suspect:

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar