Titans Feeling Like Underachievers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

No, we lost it. Part of winning a game is doing it within the rules. We failed to follow a few of those rules on Saturday (i.e. ~80 yards in penalties). Baltimore failed to follow those rules quite a bit less than we did.
    You have to execute, and do it within the game rules. We didn't do one of those.

2. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

We choked! Yes losing CJ at the end of the first half hurt. Yes the refs missed 2 calls. But we gave up the ball 3 times in the red zone and killed ourselves with stupid untimely penalties. That's where we blew it. Just like the Ravens Superbowl year, we dominated the tough Ratbird defense only the give the game away. Why???

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We are repeating the same formula. Dominate the Ravens Statisically, but lose. Stupid is as stupid does. Maybe dominating statisically is not the way to go. See Air Coriel, Jack Pardee, and the Patriots of 2007. It sounds totally ludicrous. It does. But dominating them statisically is not working. Make of it what you will. But against the Ravens, the less we do the better the result.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I was really impressed with our offense... Collins came out on fire, which is unusual. Gage looked like Randy Moss at times. CJ was running all over them. The defense was cranking, too... limiting them on 1st down, and getting 3 and outs. After a 3 week break I expected the team to be sluggish at first, but Fisher got them ready to play.

The only downside was the turnovers, and I have to just give credit to the Ravens there. Their D outplayed ours. They were more aggressive and they attacked the ball. I don't think we need a major overhaul on offense - I think some of our young players just got schooled on what it takes to win in the post-season.

Our defense re-discovered it's personality this year. We went from sloppy and soft back to hard-hitting and tough. I think our offense needs to do the same thing next year. Just like the D, the pieces of the puzzle are there but they need to put it all together still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar