Titans Feel Crumpler Key to Red Zone TD Improvement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Last season, the Titans ranked last in red zone touchdowns with 20 for 55 trips into the opponent's 20 resulting in six points. Alge Crumpler should go a long way towards improving that statistic. "Alge has the best hands of anyone I've ever been around," Titans offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger said. "If you get it anywhere in his zip code, he's going to make the catch. His hands are amazing. You never hear the ball hit Alge's hands." The 6-foot-2, 262-pounder is entering his eighth NFL season and has proven he can be a red zone target. Coach Jeff Fisher sees Crumpler playing a large role in red zone success in 2008. "He is so good at getting open and uncovering and doing the subtle things you need to do to get open," Fisher said. "He really understands the timing."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting stat moment..

Bo scaife one TD for every 22 catches..

Algae crumpler one TD for every 9 catches.

Scaife only gave us 1 TD last year.

Crumpler certainly has plenty of experience working with a mobile QB right? He will know how to make himself available when VY is scrambling around.

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I think the key to our red zone problem is VY. Spread the offense wide, vince runs it in.

Is that so difficult? :yes:

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Our redzone was awful last year. J-Mac, White, and Crumpler should help significantly.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It is when your coach doesn't utilize Vince properly. Seriously, what were they thinking around the RZ last season? Run lendale. Run him again. Nothing? Ok Run him again. Rob, go kick.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Makes me think specifically of the meager 6-0 halftime Playoff lead over SD. Turn those 3's into 7's and it's a whole different game in the 2nd half..

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Reason #100 I hated Chow.

8. Nine

Nine Starter

Yep. Heimerdinger and Crumpler should make for a wholesale turnaround in the red zone offense this year.

For anyone who blames the team's red zone woes on VY, consider these numbers, and tell me Vince was to blame:

Vince Young (red zone) - 4 TD, 1 INT - 81.8 passer rating
    Kerry Collins (red zone) - 0 TD, 0 INT - 60.9 passer rating

Seems to me they struggled in the red zone no matter who was under center.

Thanks, Norm.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

all you have to do is look at the houston game collins started. we kicked 8 FG that game and scored two tds(both runs).

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Anyone expecting a TE to make a difference in the red zone needs to re-evaluate. I don't see it. Frank Wychek averaged only 3 TD's a season and he was a legitimate offensive weapon. Just won't happen. I hope this is some kind of ruse.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar