Titans fans are...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

This is what I'm saying. I can't remember the last time we won. I've forgotten what it feels like.

We have all this talent on defense and it's being wasted by bad coaching.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Roos looked like a chump all game long too.. best in the NFL my hiney.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

CJ's home runs were great- but they are the killer of the clock-munching drives. We immediately gave the ball back to a VERY potent offense. The points were great, but we should have seen more LenDale and clock munching when we got to 21-7.

4. selever2000

selever2000 Starter

Ok Guys, this is my opinion

Ok, Here is my opinion, you may all feel differently about this, and say I'm crazy, and that is cool. As for a Bandwagoner, No, I have been an Oiler fan since 1977, 78 Campbell was my favorite. Well, anyways, here it is.

Collins is a good QB, he does what he has to do when things are fine. He plays QB by the book. But, he is very one-dimensional. Think about what teams do when they plan against us. They say, stop the run game, and put pressure on Collins. In all seriousness, it is pretty simple. Collins is no way mobile, and if you get pressure on him, he'll throw it away. Majority of the workload goes to the running game. I appreciate Collins for the season last year, and against the Ravens he executed niceleyl. It was not his fault Crump fumbled on the 1 yard line, and White fumbled as well. But again, he is very one dimensional. Our Defense is giving too much time for the QB's to make adjustments. We need to bring back the House of Pain. Buddy Ryan blitzed more than the germans did in WWII. He changed it up so much that QB's were literally afraid to stay in the pocket. We can't rely on a 4 man rush the entire game. Again, very one dimensional.

My suggestions would be to try Young out at least for a couple of wildcat plays, at least to throw them off. I guarantee with Young in, this would cause the other team to readjust, and maybe even burn a Timeout. When the Defense plays us back, it opens up a lot of space and Young can really eat that up by running. Look at the separation the DB's gave us when we played the Steelers. It was a lot, but when they rushed the middle, Collins just threw it away. 3 and out sucks for us. We have to really take advantage of our weapons.

These last two losses were because of our Defense. We should have held on more and caused more pressure.

Well, again, it is just my opinion.

Tim

5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Our run defense ranks 2nd in the league right now.

Our pass defense ranks 32nd in the league right now.

I wonder how teams are gonna game plan for us?

6. selever2000

selever2000 Starter

Yup, pretty easy to figure out.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

The 1 TD to CJ was a gimmie. Even though that's counted on the stats sheet... its not something you should really factor in because it was blind luck. It's not like he was threading the needle. Also, no mention of the the KFC Fumbles. Stats tell one story, the W-L record tells another. It's true that the titans are 3-6 in their last 9 games. 10-0 is all but a distant memory. I agree with you, that we shouldn't bench collins... ONLY because we have no one else that's better. 2010 Draft Priority Numero Uno... GET A REAL QB.

I completely agree, but our FINE players must take some sort of responsibility. Starting with Nick Harper. Ending with " Daddy-Deadlegs" Jake Scott.

Most everyone on this board was certain that we let Haynesworth go. I don't blame Big Al for taking the money. Why? Because that's the American dream... To have people give you more money than what you are worth because they think you are worth it. Big Al propped our D line up... It is no secret that our D-Line and our D-Coordinators are the reason he got that contract. Take one away from the other, and we have what we have now. An imposter D line in Tennessee, and a $100,000,000.00 player in Washington that isn't worth it. In hindsight, the Titans offer may not have been competitive, per say, but it is exactly what he was worth.

Your right, it does suck, but I am certain we can go 4-2. When Tennessee gets hot, they are unstopable. I am with you on this one. We must look towards the future. 10-0 was great last season, but that was LAST season. 10-0 will probably never happen again. If it does, I hope I get proved wrong sooner than later. The titans can get hot, we just gotta get hot at the end of the season, as opposed to the beginning of the season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

after the 2002 season... stuff like this just doesn't worry me.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

And we were getting destroyed in games in '02. These games have been extremely tight, winnable games. One of these weeks we'll just go off and never look back. :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar