Titans Failing in Free Agency/Draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The Titans like to say just because they are quiet doesn't mean they aren't active. Perhaps we have different definitions of what is 'active.' Calling an agent to find out what the player wants doesn't qualify to me. Players the Titans should be actively pursuing and bidding for, they aren't even mentioned as suitors. And that's a problem!

So far we are bringing in an old vet to be a 3rd wr in a draft LOADED at WR? The only positive is overpaying for a young SS (Searcy) who can fill a hole we actually have players who can play in that spot. Meanwhile, we have no RT!!! Meanwhile, we DON'T re-sign Morgan and have no pass rushing OLB's in a defensive scheme that FEATURES that position.

Whisenhunt said at the combine that Free agency moves and the draft go hand in hand so you look at the strength of the draft and fill in other holes in free agency. We are doing the opposite (Douglas), not addressing our biggest needs (OL, CB, #1 WR, playmakers), and are not in a position to get the top Edge rushers in the draft either. Now we will overspend in the HIOPE of getting mediocre pass rush talent (Statistically). Not smart!

Additionally, the FACT that the Titans looked into going after Mark Sanchez should have signaled to the league they will not draft Mariota....giving the Jets and Rams all the power to trade back to a potential suitor.

We have a ton of money to spend, but we won't spend it on top players or even the top players at their position except for what's left at EDGE rusher and none of those guys you can be confident of getting you double digit sacks.

What should have been an easy off-season to make great impact in free agency and the draft is going down the drain fast in terms of potential. Meanwhile, the lowly Jags and Raiders are the ones making the moves and we look like a Deer caught in the headlights.

Based on our start, effort and activity, my hope for a big turnaround is fading fast and the reality of another long year of disappointment is coming into focus. Perhaps the only good news is that at this rate, Webster will not be around at this time next season.

Pollard and Walker were right. This organization doesn't know how to win and needs a culture change. Unfortunately, this starts at the top!!!

Good teams getting better. Bad teams getting worse!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 5
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

:reaction:

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

You'd think they'd at least TRY to save their own jobs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Dude, free agency started 30 mins ago. A total of like 10 players have signed with other teams. Take a xanax of something...

• High Five High Five x 9
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Dude, add some bran to that diet. Waaay too early for that reaction. Wait at least until tomorrow morning to give up on 2015.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

@Gut me and you have a problem! You got my hopes up on McCourty and you let me down!!​

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

There are more holes in this team than there are hipsters in east nashville. I don't blame anyone for being frustrated today.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Free Agency like just started. Unless you're the Saints, Eagles, Rams, or Seahawks it's been pretty quiet. Except for signings we already knew were going to happen or small deals.

9. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Dude sorry man but you need to get a word count. This isn't a scientific journal.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • High Five High Five x 2
  10. vengeance0909

vengeance0909 Starter

Ill admit its way to early to freak out, but i was expecting to see some titans news at the start, we haven't even officially signed our SS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar