Titans Express Interest in Tice for OC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Beaudreaux, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/13/titans-express-interest-in-mike-tice/

Titans express interest in Mike Tice
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 13, 2011, 8:44 AM EST
    Minnesota Vikings v San Francisco 49ers

An impressive season as Bears offensive line coach by Mike Tice could lead to his first coordinator gig.

Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that the Titans have expressed interest in Tice as a potential offensive coordinator candidate. It’s unclear how serious that interest is, and whether the Bears would allow Tice to interview for the job.

The Jets, for instance, prevented their offensive line coach Bill Callahan from interviewing in Tennessee.

It’s hard to know how Tice would do as a coordinator, but the Titans are building an impressive roster if their coaching staff ever has to suit up instead of the players in 2011. Head coach Mike Munchak and line coach Bruce Matthews are Hall of Famers, while recently added defensive coordinator Jerry Gray made four Pro Bowls.

Tice would be a nice addition as a run-blocking tight end.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm really unsure about this one. I liked Tice as a HC. He seems to have done wonders in Chicago, I'm just not sure if he's ready to tackle the OC position. There is no question that he has the work ethic and the drive but does he have what it takes mentally? Who knows. I would have liked Callahan.

There is a really good chance that Chicago declines because, lets face it, their offensive line has had some, ehh, problems in the past.

Also, what sets Tice apart from Dinger?

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

An impressive year coaching the Bears' o-line? Jay Cutler got murdered all year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I would have no problem with Tice as OC. He had some pretty good offenses as a HC.

Remember the Culpepper to Moss days......That was under Tice's watch.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Really? Well this is the first decision of Munch's that I completely disagree with. Tice is a pile, pure and simple.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

QFT do not want Tice. Clements or a young up and coming offensive mind would be nice.

8. 24

24 Starter

I would rather have Tom Clements.

9. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

he's okay... just don't ask him for extra Superbowl tickets

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

didn't he coach one of the most high powered offenses ever in Minnesota??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar