Titans express interest in Elvis Dumervil

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

What other DEs are still out there? Hopefully the are getting cheaper by the day. haha
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Umenyiora, Abraham, and Freeney.

Abraham and Freeney are also visiting the Broncos... in case things with Dumervil don't work out.

We need to make an offer to Dumervil!!!
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

So he's not going back to Denver. The Ravens don't have the money. As much as I'd love for the Titans to land this guy, I don't really think we have the money either. I have a sick feeling the Pats are gonna swoop in.
  4. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Wyatt via twitter: "Former Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil not a realistic get for #Titans imo. While team has inquired, he wants big $ and others after are him"
  5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

I think Freeney would be the best value here. Aren't we over the cap currently though?
  6. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

[​IMG]
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

He does say "in my opinion". So I take that as him trying to remain distant from the situation. He would be surprised if they offered him the most of the teams interested. So he's not totally ruling it out, which he usually has no problem doing. Maybe they'll pay, maybe they won't, it just depends on how much they like him, and only Ruston Webster has that answer.
  8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

How much could we offer him? Seems he'd go for 8
  9. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I think that would get it done, we may be able to offer that with some roster shuffling or carryover money (still not 100% sure how that works). Obviously they like him, but do they like him that much? He's supposed to start setting up visits, so I guess then we'll see how interested they really are.
  10. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Can we use a coupon to get him?