Titans Expert At Wasting 2nd rounders.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Chris Henry - We'll C

LenDale White - ummm next...

Michael Roos - very very good pick though...was very impresed...involved high risk but he is playin amazing

Ben Troupe - potential but not seen yet

Travis LaBoy - stuggled up till now...but he's playin good

Antwan Odom - injurys got to him quick..but he's also playin good right now

Tyrone Calico - had what many saw as star potential ....was compared to T.O...injuries ruined him

Tank Williams - good but never stayed w/ us long enough

Andre Dyson - was really a good CB...very underrated standing oppoite allpro rolle...but still even though he left us kinda early

John Thornton - left tenn after 4 years....

what a waste...

2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

So basically you are saying we had two clear busts in 10 picks (Calico and Williams)?

I agree we don't appear to have any allpro material in there (except maybe Roos), but we do have some solid contributors.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

How are all those players a "waste" when you described some of them as "playing amazingly", "playing good" (twice), "good", etc etc. In fact, most of you lil rant was explaining disappointment over injuries and leaving via free agency.

Uhh....:rolleyes: :ha:

4. SuperTitan

SuperTitan Camp Fodder

I do not consider Calico a bust. While the "horse collar" did not get much attention until R. Williams did it to TO, it started with Calico. That one play started his fall. Regardless, the potential in Calico was clear and it was starting to show on the field.

5. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Not being a jerk but Im going to do it anyways.

Some of them may not of lived up to there full potential but sometime during there time of playing with us they made key plays that won us games. Calico scored our first TD of the season against the Raiders back in 03 or 04 I cant remember right now.. Dyson had some INT's for TD's in his career. White is not a bust.. Watch later today. Hes ready to go off. I know hes a fat slob but I'm confident he can get into shape next year. For what its worth now he is fine. He scores TD's thats all that matters. I loved Tank. He never did anything GREAT but I still liked him alot. I wish his coverage was a little better. Odom , Laboy and Troupe... All 3 still could be really great. Odom and Laboy are playing great right now and I don't see them stopping anytime soon. And for Troupe... He still is awesome. WE JUST DONT GIVE HIM THE DAMN BALL. Its so retarded. We throw to him 2 times then he sits on the bench.. WTF? If we dont use him we need to just cut him and let him go to a team who will actually pass the ball to him. I already know hes faster the Gates and has good hands.. not great but he can still catch the dang ball. I don't and never will understand why we dont use him. I seriously thought when we drafted him he would be among the top TE's in the league. As for Thornton he just didn't stay long enough.

Chris Henry... has potential. Thats all I can say about him. I really don't know. We haven't seen him against starters yet. So we really have no clue. Maybe today we will.

6. titan_fan_4ever

we have 6 on the roster.....2 r starters....with roos being the only one playing at a high level (laboy/odem both play good b/c of haynz/kvb...we could put nyone there...laboy/odem r average players)

u guys are honestly happy w/ our picks?? im sorry i just cant agree w/ that

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you know, sometimes life is like a box of chocolates titan_fan_4ever.

8. What, no mention of Joey Kent?

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I've always had a problem with Calico being called a "bust". Watch the film of his knees being wrenched apart in his first (pre)season and tell me that you believe anyone would fully recover from that? He's no more a bust than that Everett guy in Buffalo.

10. titan_fan_4ever

ohh im not saying calico is bad...he got both his knees torn apart several times at that to each one....i feel sorry for him...but the fact of the matter remains that it was a pick that didnt really benfit us (in the long run)

look through the history of posts ull c i am a big calico fan...i always thought he was gonna be a star

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar