Titans enter into contract talk with Jurrell Casey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jun 6, 2014.

1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

But if he flames out quickly, like players often do, then the titans may really screw themselves. Plus they rob themselves of that plsyer's "contract year" performance.

Think how much different 2008 and beyond would have been if they'd signed up haynesworth to a rich, long term contract right before the season. 2008 haynesworth as we know it would have never existed. We'd have gotten 2009 haynesworth for the remainder of his contract, until we cut him.

I say let him show his value in this new scheme before pulling up a dump truck of cash in his front yard. If he dominates this year again, pay him top 5 DT money. They'd already have to now, anyways.
    Long term, high dollar contracts have not worked out in the Titans' favor.. Rarely ever, as far as I recall.
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Bumping,

Webster said today theyre in "constant talks" with Casey on a new deal.
  3. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

That is great! nickmsmith has a point, but Hayensworth was a bum and Casey wants to be a HOF player. I believe that JMac is also that kind of player who always wants to get better. We just need to give him a deal that gives us a way out if he isn't a good fit in the 3-4.
  4. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

I'm pretty sure they have seen enough to understand no matter what the scheme is, we can get him the right situations to produce.
  5. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I am sure you are right. It couldn't hurt to have an exit strategy.
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

:bump:
  7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Starter

Top 5 DT but no PB. Hope he gets recognized this year. As long as he keeps the fire after getting paid I'll be happy.
  8. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

Well, for one thing Haynesworth didn't really deserve the huge contract before his 'contract year' performances.
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

He never deserved the huge contract. But Players are well known to have their best, motivated seasons during the last years of their contract.

Why rob yourself of that? Casey could be at his peak this year.. his pay is already negotiated.
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

He's signed.

Highest paid Titan.
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1