Titans enter into contract talk with Jurrell Casey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

I KNOW that opinions will vary from mine, but I think TN was very smart this year with its cap space. There were not huge difference makers on the FA market that fit our scheme. Letting Verner go after a Pro Bowl season was tough. However, I see the logic and in the end the Titans didn't let him go he made the decision not to stay. We offered him very close to what Tampa offered. He felt disrespected by being put into competition with Campbell and I get that. However, again I see the logic. Verner never had a break out season until this happened. Another reason not to break the bank for Verner, he only had one great year in TN and it was a contract year. I think the Titans have made great decisions about players like that. Who has went on to have great years after TN released or didn't sign them??? Not many. If Verner does it will be hard to swallow but I think we have people in line that can replace him. Quit bashing this organization for it's decisions about players. They have made very good football decisions lately. Better than most years. Trust this staff. If you are a fan be a fan and support your team! Doesn't mean you have to like every decision, I wish we could of kept Verner. It didn't work out. They did try though. I personally am excited to see what BWW can do this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I think Casey will do just fine in a 3-4.

Hopefully we don't have him dropping back in coverage like he did from time to time last year.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I think he will be a terrific 3-4 de

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It happened five times a game. A waste of your best pass rusher five snaps a week. That was ****ing outrageous.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

the PK article about the 3-4 made a mention of just how idiotically our guys were coached.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I think Casey will do well in a 3-4.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Warren Sapp to the Raiders makes this a little scary. He went from one of the best players in football to very average when he went to a 1 gap 3-4 defense with the Raiders.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He was also 31 and past his prime when he joined the Raiders.

Casey is 24 and entering his prime... Dude is younger than me (by a couple months). Wow.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The fact that we arnt using him to eat blocks is assuring to me. I was positive he wouldn't be wasted in that role but it nice to hear

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Yeah, but when Sapp went back to 4-3 the next year he was good and he was All Pro again with a bunch of sacks the year after that.

I think Casey will be good, but there is definitely a chance that the 3-4 just doesn't work for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar