Titans Emulating Eagles, Dolphins, and Bengals?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

if we dont run him we take away his biggest strength tho.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't argue against that.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

"Designed around" certainly isn't the same as "incorporating".

Nothing wrong with designing a few plays around his legs.

Yeah, at some point, he is going to have to play from the pocket. But you aren't doing him any favors by putting ankle weights on him and telling him to do his best Mett impression.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. 520

very very debatable

• Boring Boring x 1
  5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

No it isn't.

6. 520

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I have to agree. I think that was a sure fire failure from the get go. They even went to the effort of letting him regress with his random running and "getting injured ability.... Err playmaking..."

8. Clark

I think the pistol being implemented would greatly benefit Mariota. For one it allows him to do his thing, while keeping the defense honest about power runs but helps Mariota transition to pro reads with an easier drop back.

Also if we can use Mariotas legs sparingly- like 2-3 times a game. It would greatly benefit the rest of the offense while the defense worries about him.

If he can scare defenses with his legs- we are looking at simpler zone defense to attack. Makes the QBs job much easier

9. Clark

The THREAT of it. Similar to Wilson but maybe more kaepernick. Helps with pigeon holing the defense if you can scare them with it. Turns defenses into a shell instead of attacking with multiple style of reads

10. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

He never believed in Leinert either. His time was limited under Whisenhunt. I think he sees something in Marcus. Anytime he is interviewed he looks like he is tickled pink.

One thing I wanted to see out of Mariota after his first experience with the vets and the speed he was going to face was his disposition after the fact. In his presser after practice he looked as poised and confident as he ever did as a Duck. Yes he had the interception and the fumble but it didn't faze him.

Good sign

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar