Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans Embarrassed in Season Finale by Jaguars 40-13

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 1, 2006.

1. goTitans.com A living legend.

Moolah:
    $0
    SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans ended the '05 season ugly by allowing the the Jaguars to score 27 points in the first half and losing by an embarrassing score of 40-13. With nothing riding on the outcome, Jags coach Jack Del Rio rested several starters, including QB Byron Leftwich and RB Fred Taylor. The Titans committed a franchise record 17 penalties along with numerous dropped passes and other mental errors which has been theme of the team's season. QB Matt Mauck started in place of QB Steve McNair, who sat out with a strained right pectoral muscle. RB Chris Brown also missed the game with a sprained ankle.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
  2. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    This is probably the first game I've ever witnessed that actually had me seething because of how crappy (PC word) this team played. I know it means nothing, but I hate seeing that kind of attitude anywhere.
  3. pacmanplayer Da Real PacMan

Moolah:
    $0
    Embarrassed?

Embarrassed??? Are you kidding? It was worse than that... Getting kicked in the teeth like they did.... In years past I recall people saying... That USC could beat the Bengals...or 49ers... but I think this year... The Trojans could probably handle the Titans with ease... This team was a pathetic attempt to play football this year. I guess getting ur "tail" handed too you for the whole year won't get anyone from the staff canned... but it should.... Defensive Coordinator comes to mind.....

My2 Cents

Jeff
  4. GLinks Titans on the Rise

Moolah:
    $670
    Wonder what defensive-minded coaches are about to be fired.
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,122
    i know pillar was embarrassed. everytime we had to punt he would sprint off of the field and sit at the end of the bench. i've never seen him run that fast.
  6. TitanT Special Teams Standout

Washington
    Moolah:
    $2,102
    I'm going to the game but will bring a whole foods bag in case the camera pans my section. :anon:
  7. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,037
    I don't even remember Matt Mauck playing here.

I'm 26 and have the memory of a 70 year old.

wtf thread necro to the extreme.
    Titans Eternal and Scarecrow high five this.
  8. TitanT Special Teams Standout

Washington
    Moolah:
    $2,102
    I think we could break the 17 penalty record.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,031
    Ban this poster for bringing this up.
    GoT high fives this.
  9. RTH Meh...

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $8,854
    Oh good, we won't have to start a new thread when the Jags beat us (badly?) next week.
    Ryno high fives this.