Titans Embarrassed by Broncos in 35-10 Loss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: It started out ugly for the Tennessee Titans and only got worst. Denver RB Mike Bell gashed the Titans for 73 yards on only 10 carries including two touchdowns while Titan reject RB Damien Nash had another 72 yards on 14 carries as the Broncos embarrassed the Titans 35-10 in the team's second preseason loss. Titans QB Billy Volek threw an interception and was sacked three times in four series while Bronco QBs Jake Plummer and Jay Cutler combined for a 128.5 passer rating in the first half. "All I can say … is I'm glad it is a preseason game,'' Coach Jeff Fisher said. "We obviously have some work to do.'' Rookie QB Vince Young was 11-of-19 passing for 125 yards including a 13-yard TD run while rookie RB LenDale White had 28 yards on seven carries.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

Gee , ya think so Fisher ? I know, I know. Your going to take a good look at the film and get things corrected, yada, yada, yada.
    How about starting off by making our defence just a wee bit tougher, by the way the big yellow signs we had in the games to help the defence that said "regular" arent working. Break these over Schwartz's head .

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That should happen as soon as Haynesworth comes back.

4. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I'm not ready to jump ship yet. But that was as ugly a game as I have ever seen.

Before we completely give up ( before the season even starts) Remember, we we're playing a very good team in their house. This can happen in football. Remember the Colts getting embarrassed by the Broncos 2 years ago during the regular season...Then coming back to beat them a week or two later in the playoffs...Or even last year when Peyton's protection broke down against the Steelers.

It seems to me the defense ( which last week I thought might be our salvation) Just couldn't find their heads or their hearts. or their footing. I still think they are better than last nights showing. Maybe it is coaching, as many on this board believe...If it is...God help these guys. It's going to be a long season.

The O had moments...but it's much harder to play offence on the road, and on a wet field.

Truth is I've very disappointed...It's OK to lose a preseason game...But not to this extent...I'll be watching, we'll see what happens

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Fisher quote in ESPN article a few days ago:

"This team is going to be significantly better than the one we had on the field the last two years," Fisher promises.

[​IMG]

6. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

Fisher blows that smoke out of his mouth all the time , im actually tired of hearing it, Shut up Fisher and prove it. Just shut up and prove it !

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Can anyone say 2 & 14? Just curious...

8. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

This is a team that has never played in Denver before. Let's just hope that the reason they played bad is because they weren't used to the lack of oxyen from being 5280 feet up. We'll see when the play Atlanta (who was #1 in rushing last year) in Nashville.

9. i'd say there's nothing to worry about. Denver's veteran and experienced offense vs. our young and re-vamped defense, you would assume they'd score 35 points on us like they did. I'm not worried, only pre-season. I'm glad VY started the whole game (or at least most of it) and got to rush for a TD and throw for 100+ yards. It would be AWESOME if he could start come opening day, but all depends if Coach Fisher thinks he's good enough to lead this team through the whole season and a playoff berth that ALL Titans fans haven't seen since like '03.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar