Titans DT Mike Martin ready to return to action

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

After gaining momentum in training camp, Titans defensive tackle Mike Martin had to take a step back last week.

The rookie sat out Thursday’s preseason game against the Cardinals after spraining his ankle in practice the day before the game.

He returned to the practice field this week, however, and will play on Thursday in the preseason finale against the Saints.

“It was a bummer for me last week,’’ Martin said. “But I’ve had one of my better weeks of practices this week. We have a few injuries on the defensive line so I’ve been able to get a lot of reps in, which is great for me. I think I have been able to make up for the time I missed last week. It’s worked out, so I should be ready to go.”

Martin, the team’s third round pick, was impressive in the team’s first two preseason games, showing the ability to get penetration while working against offensive linemen from the Seahawks and Buccaneers. With defensive tackles Sen’Derrick Marks and Jurrell Casey out for this Thursday’s game, Martin should get plenty of work, and more opportunities to build up his confidence heading into the regular season.

“It has really been a comfort level thing,’’ he said. “I feel like I am at the point where I feel relaxed and comfortable out there, and that way I can do what I do best.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I think he gets the start this week. Hopefully show us what he can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar