Titans Drop One Position in NFL Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

SK was saying if we loose and the Jets, Saints and 49ers and the other team I cant think of, win we could goto 2nd in the draft.

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Jets could win, Saints definitely won't, Niners have a very good chance and the other team your thinking of is GB and they could have a shot against a second string Seattle team. so we could go anywhere from 3-6 I think.

3. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Third is a reasonable possibility if we lose Sunday. We need SF to beat Houston, the Jets to beat the Bills and Green Bay to beat Seattle for that to happen though, plus we would have to lose to the Jags, who are no doubt going to approach it like a pre-season game with their personnel, so we'll probably win.

The Saints actually have a very good chance of slipping into the first pick. If Houston beat SF and the Jets beat Buffalo, the Saints are in. I don't see any way the Saints beat Tampa Bay on the road. Regardless of everything else, if the Jets win, the Saints will probably be one of the top-two, and you'd have to think they (as well as the Jets) would kill to have Leinart.

There's no possibility we'll fall farther than 13th based on records alone. The 14th place team has six wins already. And, there's no possibility we'll finish higher than 2nd because we can't pass Houston. I think we'll beat the Jags and wind up about 10th in the order.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'm never one to want the Titans to lose, but does a win against the Jags scrubs really give us any momentum going into the offseason? If they play their scrubs then I'm all for playing our scrubs as well. Get the young guys experience. It will be much easier to do that this year since we are playing on the road. Tough to play scrubs in front of the home crowd.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

a win is a win.

6. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

I think Fisher is too desperate for a win to hold anything back. I hear what you're saying 2004. In the cold, analytical corner of my mind I know a loss would benefit the Titans in the draft order, but I have an emotional attachment to the team that just won't let me pull for them to lose in the end.

I took another look at things, and even if we win and all the other 4-11 and 5-10 teams lose Sunday, I don't think we'll drop below 9 in the picking order. Looking at opp. winning percentages, it looks like Arizona, Detroit and St. Louis could all pass us if we wind up with the same records. That would put us 9th. As you have posted before, the 4 to 7 range is not prime territory in this draft anyway. We'll probably get just as much quality around 8 or 9 as we would 4 or 5. I say that thinking that Bush, Leinart and Ferguson will be the first three guys picked. After that, it appears there are a lot of guys who are pretty much equal in value.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

im going to the game, and i dont want to leave there a loser. even though i've been on the aj hawk bandwagon, and i dont think he'll be there at 9 or 10, i hate to lose, and i would lose all respect for the entire organization if we lost on purpose.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

with the way we play you couldnt tell if we try to loose or not.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the sad thing is, you're absolutely right.

10. TouchDown29

TouchDown29 Guest

People say we need to win to have some momentum going into the offseason but anyone remember last year? How much momentum did the victory of the lions give us? Enough for another terrible season?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar