Titans Draft Pick Poll Update

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 11, 2012.

?
  1. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Nick Perry, DE, Southern Cal

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  6. Devon Still, DT, Penn State

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  7. None of the above (reply in the thread)

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You don't waste high draft picks on corners. Beef up your line and you can have any female in your family at corner. Wont matter.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

^^^ incredibly stubborn statement...football is the ultimate team sport...1 player fails, the whole team potentially fails.

3. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Three players (in order) I would like us picking in Rd.1

Floyd
    DeCastro
    Gilmore
    Barron

Either on of them will instantly upgrade the team.

I think the risk for taking any of the DTs or DEs in Rd.1 is too high. They are all high risk/high reward type of prospects.

Consider this
    Jake Locker+Kenny Britt+Michael Floyd+CJ+Jared Cook+good O-line = Every opposing D-Coordinator's nightmare.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Aside from Center we've essentially filled gaps in the team with Wimbley and Hutchinson.
    We haven't replaced Finnegan yet and probably need 3 corners. And we've kinda replaced Hope but still might get Barron.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a CB we picked.

5. Deuce Wayne

It's possibly our weakest need to fill on the team.

We have 2 starting CBs that are good. And when did we acquire them?

Round 6 and round 4...

And we're drafting CB in round 1 to replace our 7th round pickup, Finnegan?

How does that make any sense? If any team knows you don't have to draft a CB in the first 3 rounds, it's us.

We need a corner to play nickel... we really going to use a 1st rd draft pick on that? Even though Hawkins or Campbell can probably handle it?

All the great teams in the league prove you can have any Joe Schmo at corner as long as you get pressure.

Just saying- it's stupid to draft a CB in rd 1. That's 1990s draft strategy and a proven bad move.

And it's not as if there's a great corner this year in this draft. If Kirkpatrick is the best Corner there... No thanks.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Deuce Wayne

And I'm going to help you guys out a bit:

If a CB makes his name by big hits, and that's really all he does well... he's probably not a great CB.

Kirkpatrick is a safety that played CB. He hits hard, yet doesn't wrap up... he waits on players to make catches so he can hit... and he's not very good in coverage.

You have to be careful when looking at guys on D from Alabama. All of them are going to look great on highlight reels, because they all have freedom to gamble.

Like Barron. His ints only come when the ball is thrown directly at him or away from the WR. Rarely is he in good position.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I see what you're saying...

How often do the 6th & 7th rd CBs turn into something great? Yes we struck GOLD on Finny and McCourty, but how many times do teams strike out?

Since 2005 here's our CBs drafted: Tommie Campbell (7th), Alterraun Verner (4th), McCourty (6th), Cary Williams (7th), Ryan Smith (6th), Cortland (7th), Pacman (1st), & Reynaldo Hill (7th)

source: http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=2100&type=team

Looking at those players above, we have a solid history of drafting CBs. Most of them being a late pick. I think we could draft a CB in the 3rd-4th, and hope for another Alterraun; and be set.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If someone who plays DL is ranked their best player available at 20, I think it's a no-brainer but I don't know how much position of need plays into their formula.

Poe, Coples and Upshaw will likely be gone but any of the three would be nice and I wonder if the Titans might try to go up #12 for one of them.

Barron, Cox, Mercilus or Perry should be around at pick #20 but I would be very tempted to snag DeCastro if he were there.

9. Deuce Wayne

Just say no to Barron. No matter where he is.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Usually we atleast have the position agreed upon by now, but we could go 5/6 different ways and I would not be surprised. First time since I can remember that I have no idea who we will get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar