Titans Draft Needs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Even if we draft Barr. That leaves us a unproven rookie, Wimbley, Ayers, and Phillips. What happens if someone gets hurt?

I'm not denying we don't need to add depth, what I am saying its pre-mature to say Morgan can't be a rush linebacker without giving him a chance. We know he can get pressure on a QB, standing up will only help him more.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Take immediate need out of the equation. I think the Titans have tried to address their needs for this season leaving themselves in position to take the BPA from any skill position.

If anyone wants to base it on position, look at 2015 and beyond. The Titans lose at the end of the 2014 season Locker, Roos, Casey, Ayers, Washington, Fokou, McCarthy and Morgan among others.

Let's hope the Titans are forward-thinking enough entering this draft to make sure BPA is the choice throughout.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I was never saying not to give him a chance. All I am saying is that it is borderline retarded to suggest we are not taking Barr at 11 because Morgan is going to be playing that spot. He *MIGHT* be able to, but we aren't going to know until after the draft.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think it is still fairly obvious we are going to be taking a few defensive linemen this draft. We have no real NT and despite all the 3-4 talk, we are still very much a hybrid defense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Problem is I don't see Barr making it to 11. I have a feeling we filled as many holes short-term to get a QB early, we spent a lot of time visiting late round linebackers this year.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't think so either, this time of year it is best to look at mock from the beginning of the year. People are saying Bridgewater may fall to the second round.....I doubt that.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

All media, if he falls to us at 11 I hope we take him.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I could very much so see them taking a QB or NT at #11....Those are major needs, especially if Barr is gone somehow.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I also wouldn't count out Mosley if people aren't there as well. I know he isn't our favorite etc, but he is solid, and a guaranteed upgrade to the MLB position and an instant boost for the D/the new scheme.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea? I see em as a mid to late first guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar