Titans Dominated by Jets in First Loss 34-13

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans fell from the ranks of the unbeaten in a 34-13 loss to the Jets this afternoon. The game was a total domination with the Jets gaining 28 first downs with 408 offensive yards. Brett Favre was 25-of-32 for 224 yards passing, and New York doubled the Titans time of possession. "It was one of those days we didn’t play particularly well and you don’t play like we played and win a ballgame," Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said. "… The challenge is to put this one behind us." The Titans started slow offensively for the third week and was unable to recover. "Obviously I think getting off to a slow start hurt us today," Kerry Collins said. "We are all to blame, myself included. Against a good football team it’s difficult to come back when the first half we really didn’t do anything."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think we lost. time to move on.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Dominated? So did the Jets cause our receivers to drop 6 passes which killed any offensive chances we had in the first half?

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

We got spanked....I can accept that. But I will judge the team going forward on how they respond to that and how they come out against Detroit.

Short week, banged up, angry. It should be a game to get our running game going. I have to admit I don't believe we any longer have anything but an average run game. We cannot run against teams that say "we are not going to let you run". That is a sign of an average running game. I don't want to hear about how a team loaded the box, blah, blah. If you have a great running game none of that matters. Giants do it. We don't.

If we don't take out this loss on the Lions and beat them without issue then I may start to worry a bit.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it was good for us to lose a game like this, but we picked a bad opponent to do it against.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't think it was good to lose a game like this at all. If we should lose a game it should be playing our best, we didn't play our best today. I have no tolerance for lack of effort.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i didn't see lack of effort. i saw lack of execution and sloppy play.

things we got away with the last few weeks against the packers and jags we didn't get away with this week.

that's a good thing as long as the guys respond the right way.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well you could be right about that. We just can't let the Jets beat us twice, Lions will be desperate and we can't be thinking back to the Jets game.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

We need some of Clifford Franklin's stick um
    \[​IMG]

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Let's do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar