Titans Determined to Take Control of Texans Game Early

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher was asked this afternoon about the areas in which his team needs to concentrate as they play the Texans on Sunday. "We’ve got to execute. We’ve got to do the right things, the little things," said Fisher. "There were some little things that slipped away from us in both those games that we’re not happy about. We gave up a couple of big plays last week. We can’t afford to do that this week. So you get past the little things and what happens is, because of what’s happened the last two weeks, we know that we’re just two plays away. We’re two plays away from going up by 14 or catching up if we’re down. That mindset is helpful. This team’s determined to take control of a game from the start and then finish the game."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

the Titans are going to lay the wood.
    I know this game won't even be close.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Don't even think that, can you imagine how badly that statement can backfire??

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

this is way bigger than I am.

you think the Texans catch us in the wake of an emotional win?
    Something is going on.

These guys are going to score early and often.

We are the ones who will have to vigilantly guard against an unprobable comeback. The Titans are doing to absolutely demolish the Texans. The last two weeks mean nothing at all. We haven't even begun to see.

this may be the 43-0 game. :lol:

5. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

lol, love the pacman picture, im a little worried about the texans, we won because of pressures and fumbles on carr and we had alot of takeaways but the still were coming back we gave up alot of yards and the game would be different without the punt return.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

If we can score quick and play like we have the last couple of games and control the run, I see no reason why this can't be a one-sided game of chess.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Checkmate in 5 moves. The Titans are going to beat the bull snot out of these guys. We are going to stretch the field throwing. I know we are going to throw alot on these guys. There will be fewer drops. The big plays will bang. Everytime we come back to the run we will make gains.

Did anyone notice what a clean game we played against the Colts? We were hardly penalized at all. The Titans are playing a completely different brand of ball. I expect the defense to get off the feild quickly and for our offense to wear 'em hard and hang 'em up wet. This will be a one-sided affair.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

1st play run it, 2nd play run it, 3rd play, do a little thing i like to call the "Bennett Ball", remember the pitch and catch he played with Volek in the Billy V days, yeah, we should bring that back

9. titansmcm

titansmcm Guest

This game will not be close through about 3 quarters and the Titans will pull away in the 2nd half.

10. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I hope we don't fall into that "let down game" trap that happens so often when a team comes off of an emotional win like the last 2 we've had. Plus, the Texans have more of a reason to really get up for this game then we do seeing as how all the hype is surrounding Vince coming home and not on them. They will be itching to shut Vince down and the Vince fans up. Our team has to stay focused and Vince can't put too much pressure on himself to try to showup the Texans in front of so many of his fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar