Titans deserve better props than what the media gives us.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by selever2000, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Two teams tied atop their divsions with one team having the #1 ranked defense, doesn't sound less than stellar to me.

If we beat Pittsburgh it will only be because they are getting "too old" or Big Ben's foot was hurting. We will still get stepped on in the media and we will still hear every excuse there is not to talk about us as being a contender.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Maybe Elizabeth Hasselbeck will talk about us on The View.

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The only thing I saw was the play to Cook was highlighted on NBC before the late game last night, but it was probably 20 seconds long.

I guess we have to go on a 10 game winning streak before anyone notices, but I'm like a lot of you, I like flying under the radar.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Why aren't you guys used to this by now?

5. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

And why do people even need to hear their "team" mentioned more in the media?

Do people here build self confidence from that?

When the Titans are being talked about the way folks here wish they were being talked about you will know they've arrived. Thus far they are equal to the 49ers. It will come.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

no we really dont deserve any recognition. we only get talked about for cj lockout, and the criminal records of our players. titans are a small market team and will never get talked about until they win the super bowl. remember when we were 9-0 or 10-0, remember the year before when the pats were. we had probably 10% of the headlines the pats did at 10-0. thats the way its going to be

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Inside the NFL on Showtime......
    Titans highlights have been in "the whip-around" for the 1st 3 weeks. (10 secons or 1 play.)
    Is Primetime Sanders re-thinking his comment about Munch not getting a chance for another Gatorade bath this year because we wouldn't win again?

We talk about this subject because it is something to discuss. Yes.....it is typical after all of these years but it still sucks.
    Everything leading into this weekend was all Vick and Romo......all the time.

(And I'm sure that Romo had a fractured rib during that one game that he came back in to. However, the comments in the media that he "played with a collapsed lung".....I gotta call BS on that. I'm sure it collapsed, but AFTER the game. He COULD NOT have functioned on the field with a collapsed lung. He is still the most overrated QB in the NFL.)

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Well... Titans are front page on NFL.com right now, with someone predicting they go to the playoffs.

9. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

So all this talk about the Titans being on the front page of nfl.com I decided to check it out it's only a little opinion article by LaCanfora with a couple of small jumbled sentences... I can't call those paragraphs.

10. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Well there are a few pundits who seem to like us. Skip Bayless predicted us to have a good year last year before the VY incident. Keyshawn Johnson seems to like us. Micheal Lombardi predicted us to win the AFC south and everyone called him an idiot.(Note he also predicted the redskins to win the NFC east which was a good call as well).

I also prefer to fly under the radar a little more. This Defence under Gray is exciting to watch, and the offense is anything but Vanilla. We also have a very favourable schedule IMO. I though this was a 9-7 team but I may even have underestimated us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar