Titans' Delanie Walker: We should be a great team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GTFO my pancakz, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Antonio Gates has taught me to never underestimate a good counter punch. For years I've been waiting for him to completely fall off, but because of help around him he's been consistently good over the last few years despite his old age. Gore will benifit the same way due to actually having a QB now. San Fran faced as many 8-man fronts as anybody over the years, and Gore still did well, but now with Luck & Co. he will have a much easier job....

Don't sleep on Gore in 2015

2. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

I am assuming you are a millionaire now. Seems like an easy life if you can get nearly every football game score correct.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Totally agree....I have been hearing people (especially around FF draft time) dissing Gore for what....7 or 8 seasons now? Every year he produces.

I don't disagree that he is not going to be the every down back anymore, but he is not done IMO. He can still be a strong member of a committee I think. I for one am not a fan of seeing him in a Colts uniform, even if it is just for the last season or so of his career.

4. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

I can see us realistically being 8-8. Wins over Tampa Cleveland Atlanta Jacksonville (2x), Oakland, NY Jets, and Houston (1x)

Possible, but going to need to see something that was lacking last year: Effort!

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

This team has continuously shown a quitting attitude. Whenever down they veer away from their plan and panic, I think a healthy dose of good runs could fix that but will Whiz change his ways...?

6. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

How would running the football more make us have a better attitude and show more effort?

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Prideful

Prideful Starter

well having a run game spreads the defense making it easier to pass and in turn easier to run making us get more yards and making the players feel better.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. Prideful

Prideful Starter

lol hows what i said bullsh*t, its the truth.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

Running the ball creates balance, and balanced teams are more consistent. Consistency is what this team is lacking, when the going gets tough, our guys fold. That could all be avoided by running more, would need less "big" plays if we could run here and there better.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

Having an effective passing attack with multiple receivers out wide spreads a defense. Especially when the route tree involves 3 WR going vertical, a slot back on a crossing route or slant, and a RB on a wheel route out of the BF.
    Spreading the defense out is required to defend the whole field.

Almost universally, a DC will load the box against a good running team. Runs are best stopped at the LOS, not after.
    Loading the box requires no less than 6-7 defenders, and maybe a safety also, at or near the LOS.

• Boring Boring x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar