Titans Degressing?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Vince Young could easily turn into an absolute monster. He'll win a MVP and a Super Bowl before he's done. It won't be much longer and he'll be turning in passer ratings of 95.4,101.3, 105.9, ect... he'll start having 300 yd passing games... just watch.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I see things a little differently. I see Vince as a winner, not so much a stud QB. He'll rarely have 300 yard games, and he will throw many picks. His passer rating won't go up that much, but he will mature and he will know how to lead the team into the playoffs and POSSIBLY the superbowl. He just has some learning to do.

3. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

oneton, i disagree with you. Not because i'm blinded by VY's awesomeness or whatever, but because his rating was low 70s, while throwing only 9 tds and 17 ints. If you say he throws only 4 more tds, and throws 1 less int with the same comp rate he had last year, he is at 79-81 range.

Hell, had those throws in Denver actually been caught, it would have effected his year quite a bit. I counted 6 drops, and 3 of them were for 25 yards or more, and 2 were very possibly touchdowns in that game.

I'm not trying to right apologetics for VY, but it isn't a stretch to think his passer rating can improve as long as he is just a little more careful with a ball.

On the 300 yd games, i don't think he has to have 300 yards passing to be effective. 225 yards and 40 yards rushing. 265 yards combined without a bunch of interceptions would be great with a strong running game.

Not out of the realm of possibility I don't think.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar