Titans Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

The one thing thats always concerned me as a Titan fan has been our pass defense. And IMO nothing that happened yesterday changed that. Throughout a good portion of the game..we weren't getting any pressure on Eli and he had all day to throw the football..and in return he was picking us apart. He marched up the field several times with ease. So I'm still very concerned when we go up against an even better offense. To add to that...too many times we showed poor takling

Am I saying our defense looks as bad as it did last year? Absolutely not !! But I still see many areas of concern..so i'm just not ready to anoint them anything as of yet. Still too early for me

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Win games? Like 8-8 last year? Like 0 playoff wins in 7 years?

Yeah! He's such a success! I'm just making things up! It's not like he claimed to have the "most talented team ever" last season and start 0-8. Nahhh never happened, right RollTide? I'm just being dishonest!

3. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Excellent point TitanJeff !

Another thing to look at was the fact that the field goal was a result of the refs blowing a play dead where clearly Manning had fumbled, and the TD was a result of a very CLEAR hold.

I am very impressed with our bend but don't break style of defense so far, but am wary of the fact that it will be exploited by a Brady/P Manning/Brees run style offense. I think there is a very real possibility that we are going to be exposed by Indy, San Diego, Houston (gasp), and Dallas.

I have been remarkably unimpressed with Finnegan's play so far, he seems to be giving up a ton of ground before closing. Maybe I am missing something, but anyone else notice how far off he is playing this year ?

So if McCourty is out does this mean Verner is in ?

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yes.

I'm not as worried about Verner replacing McCourty as I am Mouton climbing up the depth chart. The thought is scary.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar