Titans Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Based on your analysis i would find that hard to believe..

Some posters like to look at all aspects of our play and judge our team that way. Some are just raving lunatics who hate the coach and talk as if all we have done the last few years is lose.

I'm assuming your hatred of Fisher has little to do with football anyway so maybe that is the problem..

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think that we're a top 5 Defence and the Steeler looked spectacular against a pitiful scheme.

Fisher has a style of play that has been effective with the right personnel. It has always been tough to watch even when we're winning.

My main gripe with Fisher is that his Offence is predictable and most importantly, we can't seem to adjust when we need to.

Againt the Cards last season when we were behind was the best change up I've seen us make in a long time.

It's a rarity that we see anything like that though.

The top teams seem to be able to adjust at will.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I think we'll know a little more about the overall defense after today's game. Not to sound negative, but do we really know much about the secondary after those first two games? I'm hoping to see some great & exciting plays today from the secondary.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Getting down to earth our defense really hasn't been tested by a decent team yet. That is a big reason posters are not getting overly excited. If you look at the last game through an objective point of view this is what you get. The Steelers were down to their 3rd string QB and missing a starting OT. The Titans on the other hand had their full compliment of offensive players including the best RB in the league, their whole OL and their starting QB. Although I was pleased with the play of the defense against the Raiders there were some areas of concern. Like McFadden going off running the ball and catching the ball. So it really remains to be seen how this defense will stand up to a better more balanced attack like we will see against the Giants.

I do think some real positives are:
    1. the secondary play seems much better. McCourty looks like he is up to the task and Griffin looks like he has returned to form.
    2. Witherspoon really has answered a big question of how we would do without KB. Still some concern until McRath returns. Tully is a stud.
    3. The DL despite not having Hayes looks improved without KVB. Morgan looks solid and should improve as the year goes on.

So we can't really answer if we are a top 10 defense yet. We play the Texans and Colts twice. Those are the real tests. But I think we can say this defense won't be a bottom feeder like we were last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

bold by me & props to the International Contigent of the Titan Brotherhood

Yes fish face will continue with the same O scheme no matter how it is failing. Tossing VY under the bus to insert his spooning buddy kfc was his not change I can believe in. Running some short passes off 1 and 3 step drops never seemed to cross his mind. Send 3 deep and watch VY/kfc get squeezed like zits was his best idea and he was not gonna change even in the face of utter failure.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

New Stats:

8th in Points given per game (14)
    10th in Yards given per game (294.7)
    6th in Pass Yards given per game (178.3)
    18th in Rush yards given per game (116.3)

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you're pro-Fisher at this point, I couldn't possibly see your stance as one based on the game anyway. Not sure what it takes on the football field to change your mind about Fisher that he hasn't already done. The guy's a consistent failure that handcuffs the team. I see it every Sunday. Even in wins like today. Where are you?

Oh- I was right by the way.

8. Deuce Wayne

Yeah. And as I said in another post 'I'd be surprised if we're top 5 in 2 weeks'.

Looky looky... play a mere decent team and we're already spiraling toward the middle of the league.

9. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Stats, especially ranking stats, are overrated. We are back to playing solid defense, a very good pass rush, and being oppurtunistic. The stat padding at the end of the game makes our D look worse then it was. Its that reason we don't need to look at rankings to really judge our D. All you have to do is watch them with your own eyes and see. Thats the only way of telling. Whether we are a top 5 D, lets wait a little while, but I think we can be that good. I want to see us against the Cowboys and of course the Colts. Then we'll know if were back to 08 form.

10. Deuce Wayne

We wont be a top 15 defense by midseason unless something changes dramatically.

We don't get to play the Raiders and Benless Steelers every week.

This week we played an OK team and were picked apart the entire game. Our pass rush was ineffective beyond the 1st quarter. And none of these guys look like they're going to get over maybe 8 sacks this year. And that's being pretty optimistic.

I hope we're not as bad as we looked this week. We'll know within the next few weeks though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar