Titans Defense Wants to Add Old Attitude

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans hit rock bottom defensively last year, surrendering eight 100-yard rushers, including five in a row to close the season. Some of the players who remember what the Titans defense used to be like during the playoff runs want to bring back the attitude the team had then. "Back then, it was like, 'You’ll be lucky to score at all,'" Peter Sirmon said. "That’s what’s been lacking the last couple of years, and that’s what the goal is to try and get back to." Even though the team is only in June OTAs, the defense is try to regain some of its lost swagger. "It’s definitely a different attitude. Everything we do is with a sense of urgency," Lamont Thompson said. "You can see it out there on the practice field."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Man- what I wouldn't give to be in the stands and know that teams were going to struggle to get the ball to the other side of the field, or watch our LB's shut down runs at the LOS, or a pick or two.

I can only hope- what a tease! GIVE ME SOME DEFENSE!!

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wonder how long it'll be before the first "the D will always suck as long as Schwartz is the DC".

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So it's true!

Jeff fisher is back and coaching the titans again! Welcome back jeff!

5. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I hope this means much more physical and much more aggressive in style of play and philsophy. Hopefully we can blitz more with Pac and The Chosen One having a years experience and Hope at safty. We need to get back to smash mouth football on both sides of the the ball.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

nice. :brow:

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Am I the first - lets see that is what 35 mins - lol

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree with everything you stated, too bad MbSGWB thinks moving Xs and Os on a powerpoint presentation is the ultimate in being a DC.

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Can anyone tell me why we let The Freak go?? That turned out to be a mistake...he may have been injured or something but yaah should have kept him...

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

no money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar