Titans Defense Wants Signing Haynesworth to Be a Priority

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Herron

Sam Herron Camp Fodder

Like I said, amazing what the motivation of $70 Million at the end of the rainbow can cause people who usually lack motivation to do.

2. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

There's no way we'll know how much of the last two years were motivated by finally "clicking and getting it" or the possibility of a huge contract until after he is signed and plays another couple years...

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We have no damn control over where he signs and plays.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dwight freeney signed a deal for $12M a year. that's what AH wants though he may even want more because freeney's deal was before the 2007 season.

On the open market he could get $13M a year!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pitbull, the cap room this year has little to do with signing a guy to a long term deal now. If they prorate the SB the likely cap hit for just this year will normally be half what it averages out to be.

You sign AH to a 6 year $66M deal he might only count $6M against this year and $7M against in year 2 and then it balloons up from there. That's why they are hesitant to spend big money on people.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If we sign Haynesworth, I'll buy one of those trumped up expensive tackle twill jerseys with his name on it.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

if we sign haynesworth, i'll start going back to church and i'll quit drinking

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Neither would sign a 1 year contract. A player on the market, especially a good one, wants to get a multiple year contract with a signing bonus in case he gets hurt or doesn't produce as well. Someone will gladly offer both of those guys a 4 year contract with at least 15 million in signing bonuses. There's no way they'd turn that down for a 1 year contract.

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Call John McClain. He said on the zone that he would bet anyone anything that Albert would re-sign with us. He's as knowledgeable as they come.

10. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Well, I sure hope John M. is right. We need to keep our whole D together to make a run for the next few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar