Titans Defense Wants Signing Haynesworth to Be a Priority

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans, especially their defense, have not hidden that they want Albert Haynesworth to remain their teammate. "He's the most dominant interior player in the NFL ," LB David Thornton said. "So there's a lot to be said about that." Despite $35 million in salary cap space, the two sides do not appear close to an agreement. "Albert's going to be a priority of ours,'' Coach Jeff Fisher said. "He's certainly expressed interest in staying and we have every interest in trying to get something worked out. But … we have some work to do." Among other potential top defensive free agents are Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Maybe some of those defensive players will take a pay cut to keep Albert?

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

If anyone should take a paycut so we can keep Albert it should be VY. Do us a favor and put the money to good use instead of using it on someone who's listening to their ipod on the sidelines...

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nobody should take a cut because nobody else is over paid.

Everyone talks about albert but after next season half our defensive starters become free agents after this next season.

Bulluck
    KVB
    Tulloch
    Tony brown
    kearse

All free agents after 2009! Ok kearse is disposable with ford and hayes but bulluck and KVB are essential to our vet leadership and both play a lot of downs.

If i'm the titans i'm working on a 1-2 year extension for bulluck & kvb, a 2-3 extension for brown. A 4 year extension for tulloch.

A year later after 2010 thornton becomes a FA. No need to do anything with him. Hope is signed through 2011 fowler through 2010. Finnegan and griffen through 2011.

Bottom line is that it makes no sense inking AH to a gigantic deal if it means losing bulluck & brown the following year and not being able to keep our better players down the road. .

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Salaries for 2009..

Bulluck-$5.5M

KVB-$5.32M

Tulloch $530K

Fowler-$2.25M

Brown-$1.4M

Chris hope-$4M

None of these guys needs to be giving up salary to sign a guy who will make more than 2X more.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well said, RT.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i'd love to keep Hanesworth and add Suggs.

8. KY_Titans7

KY_Titans7 Guest

I'd give anything if we can keep big Al with a decent salary. He is the best DT in the game and is a vital piece on our defense, as he would be on any other teams defense.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Agreed. Although I mentioned Suggs and Ray Ray in another thread and GoT didn't seem to agree with me. Haha.

Suggs, even though he is currently on the hated Ravens', I'd love to have him on our squad. But what would he do, considering he's a 3-4 LB and we run a 4-3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar