Titans Defense Susceptible to WildCat?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

in my view they might be. old school defense, some younger guys. we only rush four in general so we should be alright, players should be free in their gaps to make tackles; but i'm still worried about it. i havnt seen the fins play in awhile, but i hear they run it quite a bit.

i think we can stop ricky and henne, its when they go wildcat i worry

2. Nine

Nine Starter

Keep in mind, the whole idea behind the WC was to put Ronnie Brown & Rickey Williams on the field at the same time. Now that Brown is done for the year, the Dolphins aren't doing it nearly as much.

Several teams have attempted to run a few plays out of the wildcat against the Titans...and they've gotten stuffed virtually every single time. The only time it ever worked was when Buffalo threw a 20-something yard TD out of the WC; other than that one play, the Titans have completely shut down every team that attempted it.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Only if Ricky Williams turns into a deep passing threat! I am honestly more concerned about us getting burned up on special teams [Punt and KO coverage] and Henne actually having a Brett Favre kind of day on us.

Remember....we still have Harper out on the corner.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Michael Griffin is probably already buttering himself. I can only imagine how far out of the play he's going to be if they do run it.

5. lockemindatrunk

lockemindatrunk Camp Fodder

with ronnie brown out they only run the wildcat 5 to 10 plays a game and its not that affective without him but theres 2 things im worried about 1 the way the titans bite on fakes and 2 them using the wildcat with pat white and run a play similar to the one in the buffalo game the will probably try a couple plays early and if we shut them down then they will stick with ricky williams and play there version of fisherball like they have been doing

6. huck1974

huck1974 Camp Fodder

We havent ran it at all in the last two games. Henne has been asked to win games with his arm. He attempted 52 passes in the win vs. new england. He has a cannon and can make all the throws. Our rookie corners are still giving up at least one big play a game.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

The phins rans the wildcat 0 times last week. Titans will get burned on the wildcat if they decide to throw because Nick Harper and Michael Griffin will overpursue the run like they always do.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

The wildcat isn't as effective against a 1-gap defense scheme like ours. We don't ask our D linemen to read and react - they are asked to take one gap and get upfield to disrupt the play. As long as all lanes are accounted for in the scheme, and no one gets blown out our scheme is pretty solid against the wildcat.

Our secondary could be burnt if our safeties bit on the run the way they like to only to have the RB pass - but Williams can't really throw the ball.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Their offenses strength is running the ball. Our defenses strength is stopping the run. With or without the wildcat we'll shut them up. Then when C.J. comes out, Mr. Eric Williams can take notes.

10. huck1974

huck1974 Camp Fodder

I don't think that is true at all as of lately. I'll guarantee you that there will be more pass attempts than runs Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar