Titans Defense Showing Improvement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Last season, the Titans defense ranked 30th allowing 4.6 yards per carry. Through three preseason games, the Titans have allowed only 2.4 yards per carry. Coach Jeff Fisher says his defense has responded to coaches and concentrated on details. "We've been more specific in gap fits, we've done a better job on the edge forcing (runners) back inside," Fisher said. "We're stressing discipline on the backside, we're not as vulnerable on the backside. And we're doing a better job staying on our feet and getting off blocks." Despite the improvement, the Titans are in talks with free agent DT Corey Simon who GM Mike Reinfeldt feels they have a good chance to sign.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

our defense is red hot through 3 games of preseason, i cant wait to see what they look like against the jags sucky offense in week 1, i have a feeling we are going to have a great season.

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Barring serious injury, it looks like our D will be in the top 4 or 5.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Top 10 at best. Idk about 4 or 5

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't know why people think they can make quantifiable predictions based on the preseason.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think we will def be better than last year. A lot of that depends on the pass rush of odom.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

id give ups Top 15 Top 10, but at this point nothing higher then that, even the Redskins defense looks Chicago like.

8. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

The Redskins have good players on defense, though, so that's not an apt comparison. I think preseason has shown that we have the potential for a great defense. Now scheme will matter...and health.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I'm sorry, but, if I'm not mistaken, to "play" a pre season game, the players are "playing". That gives the opportunity for observers, like myself, to make quantifiable predictions. Any questions???

I'll gloat when the season is over and the rankings are final...

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

they had essentially the same people last year:

- Lemar Marshall
    + Springs
    + Landry
    + Fletcher

and there defense was right up there with ours last year.... :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar