Titans Defense is Back

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

I like the energy on defense. I thought the starters seemed to be working well as a unit. Later on it became more slop as they got further into the roster.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He seems like the Griffin of old. I really think Gray has amped up his intensity. I haven't seen him out of place in coverage and he's been making a lot of solid tackles. He looks hungry again.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Do I get any credit for Griff stepping up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

4. Stan

Stan Infinite

Unless you did a little something something to help him get ready for the game then prolly not

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Didn't you know? He's griff's fluffer.

6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Matt Barkley maybe? It doesn't matter who they pick if they don't upgrade their o-line, which is one of the reasons Kurt Warner retired a year earlier than he had planned to. Was listening to the Dan Patrick show yesterday and they said Warner had told the coaching staff he'd stay, but only if they upgraded his protection..they didn't and he knew he was gonna get killed if he decided to keep playing with them.

I'd also like to believe our defense is "back to form" but you can't really tell against an opponent like Arizona. But it gives me hope because I've heard the New England o-line is playing pretty bad too, which is the reason why Belicheat is holding Brady out of the preseason games..

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm gonna pretend my efforts helped get the old Griffin back, it wasn't easy bothering that guy for those 4 months.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Even though the Cardinals looked bad that was a 1st team offense we were playing against and an 8-8 team last year. Granted we will face stiffer competition but you still have to beat up the weak sisters and put those wins in the bank. Seeing both Morgan and Wimbley get outside pressure was very nice. Casey almost broke Skelton in half on one play. The defense looked like a hungry unit and for the most part tackled well.

9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Week 1 vs the pats will be a good indicator, but I think next week against the saints will show us what our D can do against a legit #1 offense, maybe only for a quarter or couple series, but we'll have a little better idea.

That said, watching the D was almost more exciting then watching the O last night. It's been a loooong time since I could say that.

10. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I wonder if Brees would even play the last preseason game? I would like for our #1 defense go against him a couple series atleast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar