Titans Defense is Back

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Instead of updating the old defensive thread, I'm starting a new when because I thought the title needed a change. I feel that the Titans defense has returned to form. So far this season, it's returned to the days of repeatedly hitting the Quarterback. I saw our team consistently getting pressure with our front 4 and our DB's limiting gains from a talented WR corp. I was pleased to see McCarthy keep up his level to play and was glad to see Griffin get him a pick. Casey was once again a monster and Morgan really stepped up his intensity. Multiple times him and Wimbley were meeting at the Quarterback. If our depth can keep up the high level of play we could be a dangerous team this season.

Thoughts?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I saw good things. Some of those good things were real good things. It was against an atrocious O-line and in the preseason though.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I know it's pre-season but I completely agree. Our energy levels are high, we're getting to the QB constantly and we just swarm to the football. It's such a young group and so promising!! Gray has done a very good job. I see no reason why this shouldn't keep up in the regular season.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Our big test will be week one. If we hold the Pats to the low 20's I'll believe it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

DL are playing lights out, so far. I have been very impressed with the effort from the defense.

Witherspoon is the only one I am kinda concerned about on passing downs. He tends to let the TE burn him for a huge gain. Hopefully that can be dealt with sooner, rather than later.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The only concerns I have are about our depth. Particularly our D-Line depth. I'm hoping our backups like Klug and Clayton can really keep the pressure coming. There was a slight dropoff behind Morgan and Wimbley but that could just be due to the way those guys were getting to the QB.

I think we've got a potentially elite unit. We rarely blitzed tonight and had to hit Skelton at least 5 times. I don't know how he even got up from one of those hits that Casey put on him.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I still haven't heard from Mike Martin yet.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I saw Klug and Clayton in as our 2nd stringers. I'm guessing he played with the 3rd stringers mostly. I didn't notice him either.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I saw Martin in the 3rd at some point with a ball cap on. He was in uniform. My DVR cut off the last 5 minutes. Don't remember his name called, though.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We beat the God awful Cardinals, Im holding off on celebrating for now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar