Titans Defense Could Return to Form

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I just wanted to point out some things about our defense, particularly our D-Line, that could allow us to have a top Defense like we've been accustomed to in the past. As in the past, everything starts up front, and I believe our Line play will be enough to push us over the top.

I haven't been able to attend camp yet, but even without seeing the team 1st hand, some of the things being said by our staff lead me to believe that we could have a very dangerous D-Line. Wimbley is a proven playmaker. He consistently got to the QB in Oakland and this year will be paired up with the rookie standout Klug. Klug demands a double team himself and with Lines only able to double one of the two, both Wimbley and Klug should have success getting to the QB.

On the other side of the ball, Morgan comes off a year where he didn't underwhelm, but he also didn't play up to his potential. Coming off of a year where he picked up steam as the season progressed, Morgan should be off to the quick start he had his rookie season before the devastating injury. If so, that creates matchup problems again because of Jurrell Casey. Casey proved his worth last season and can be a force in the run game. If Morgan can create problems off the edge, Casey, Klug, and Wimbley could wreak havoc on Qb's and RB's.

In this thread, I'm not even gonna discuss the DB's. But if the D-Line can get to the QB, this defense will be a top defense like it has been in years past.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

We have a lot of versatility with our defense this year and I love it. The majority of our players fit a lot of different schemes and I can't wait to see what Gray is going to do with all of this young talent we have in our defense (Babineaux is our oldest starter at 30).

Also I was reading the because of the lockout that Jerry Gray kept a lot of Chuck Cecil's scheme in place due to time constraints. This will be the first time we get to see Gray's defense scheme in Tennessee so good bye cover 2!

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think our defense's success is gonna depend on how well our DTs play. Since AH left our DT play has been pathetic. Klug and Casey have both showed that they can play. The biggest question marks will be whether Martin, Smith or Marks will step up their game. Morgan and Wimbley are gonna get theirs, I'm confident in that. Even Dave Ball will get his but to be really great our DTs need to bring their A game.

I'm expecting us to be much better on D, but just how much better we can be will depend on our DT play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

We'll be better once Shaun Smith gets cut.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That's no joke, he's been a massive sh!+talker and hasn't backed up any of it. If he somehow manages to make the team I'll root for him but I really don't like that dude. You'd think the guy was an All Pro by the way he runs his big mouth.

7. JCBRAVE

When you suck you talk trash, so he does. He also plays dirty, but so do 9 out of 10 teams so I can't hate him for that. I do hate that he doesn't run. RUN fat boy!

8. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

why do you guys have so much confidence in Morgan?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Well, Morgan was less than one full year removed from serious ACL surgery at the start of last season. His knee shouldn't be a problem as it was last year. Most players don't get full strength and confidence in their knee until around 2 years after that type of surgery.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Morgan also came on strong towards the end of the season. He didn't get a lot of sacks, but he got pressure on the QB and held his own. If he can just build on that performance he'll be fine out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar