Titans Defense and Chuck Cecil

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually Reese and Fisher were quite a bit above average IMO. 4-5 years is a long time in the NFL and the team was a legit SB contender for that many years. The lean years after that were when the team was basically having to rebuild. The last 5 years basically could have been much better if we didn't waste a #3 pick on the wrong QB or for that matter the #5 pick on Pacman.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

and a late 1 on a selfish diva RB

3. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Haynesworth had one of, if not the best, individual performances in the last twenty years as a defensive tackle. Quarterbacks could rarely even step up in the pocket....if the pocket wasn't collapsed already.

Combine that with a solid running game and that's how we won 13 games. We were just physically more dominating than the other teams. Xs and Os didn't win those games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I agree. Haynesworth routinely pushed 2 lineman backward at will. The QB's had no chance most of the time.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm angry at Haynesworth, not because he left the Titans for a boat load of money (literally), but because he became just another fat person shortly after. It was awesome watching him do his thing in 2008. I personally had never seen anyone do what he did in the NFL my whole entire life. Not even Warren Sapp controlled the game the way Haynesworth did. It's one thing to rewind the tapes and watch Reggie White man handle guys, or Mean Joe Greene doing his thing, but to see offensive lines crumble right before your eyes live, that's cool stuff. Now though, Haynesworth is just a rice fat guy with speeding problems.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Who cares? There is a lot more to coaching than Xs and Os. Why can't people understand that? Like nipping the VY situation in the bud and naming Collins as starting QB right away.

Was the defense well coached? Were the blocking schemes for our running game effective? Was the team organized and motivated to play?

I don't need to prove that Jeff fisher was a great coach i'm just debunking the moronic idea that he was horrible.

I know why we won in 08 you don't need to lecture me about that. the fact is we won.

How was Hayesworth in that big win over the Steelers? Didn't even play.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What about the 45% of the snaps when he wasn't even on the field? He missed 2 games completely.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Even playing half the time, opponents still had to account for Haynesworth on the sidelines. One deep breath of his would move the ball 10-yards one way.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the only reason Haynesworth was dominane for 2 seasons is because Chuck Norris was taking a power nap.

10. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Our defense didn't play that well in the Steelers game. We got a couple of turnovers from a careless Rothleisberger.

As far as there is more to coaching than Xs and Os, he lost the locker room the very next year.

Haynesworth's pressure made our secondary look great. See 2009's defense without Haynesworth or 2010.

Nipping the VY situation in the bud? He was against a decision that resulted in us getting 8 wins in the final 10 games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar