Titans Defense and Chuck Cecil

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

Not sure if this has made its rounds at some point but I hadn't seen it on here. It explains Finnegan's comments about Jerry Gray though.

From the Paul Kuharsky chatlog:

Q1: The Titan D seems to be playing with a heightened intensity. More focused and disciplined then they seemed under Cecil. Did the players lack respect for Cecil and his scheme or is Jerry Gray just a much better motivator? Also, the same can be said re: the OL. Is Bruce Matthews stirring up a new since of pride and passion?

A1: The Titans lost respect for Cecil. It was a huge issue. Secondary, in particular, got mixed messages. Why could Matthews stir up pride and passion that Munchak couldn't? Same credentials without the experience.

Q2: Lost respect for Cecil? Could you expand a little more please?

A2: They didn't trust that he was in control, knew what he was doing all the time. Someone said he was playing checkers, everyone else chess.

I know Kuharsky is often a clown, but he does spend a decent amount of time covering the team and I doubt he's making this stuff up.

2. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Fans/Players just lost respect for the Fisher regime last year IMO

3. pettso

pettso Starter

I know a lot of fans on these boards did, I could have sworn that most fans really loved Fisher even after last year though.

4. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

I was a big Fish fan but last two years it just seemed to me the team was giving up on him. I was not sure as I don't see many titans games in Utah or much coverage on them in the media. Then Fish got what he wanted in VY leaving then just quit the team. I lost respect for him he just gave up like that. He could have tried to collect himself rebuild his team and staff but he is just to stubborn. I lost respect for him as a person and coach.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

They still do for some strange reason... enough to not go to the games and stop being a fan of the team (and I'm not just talking about dbc).

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

I was also a Fish fan... but it was time for a change... his message got old and his silly depth chart got older...

But back on subject.... I truly believe that Cecil was the starting point of the collapse last season... Not making adjustments at all? That's even worse than VY not studying film.. you're basically telling the other team what scheme you're running...
    in the end, defense kept getting scored on, offense couldnt stay on the field long enough which made the defense on the field more tired..

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I agree. I also was a huge Fisher fan but it was clear that he was losing it the last few seasons.

8. JEsports

JEsports Practice Squad

Cecil ran a high school defense - nuff said

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I supported Fisher being cussed at last year. He sucked the past 2 seasons. Cecil is in the same category. After Schwartz left the defense went downhill and so did the team.

Glad somebody spoke up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'll admit, i was a fisher fan until he put on peyton mannings jersey. Charity or not.. that's just wrong.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar