Titans DE Kearse: "I wanted to hang out with my family'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans News, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

The same roster went 13-3..how can you believe the players just forgot how to play in 1 year like that? Worst overall coaching performance, not roster.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Agreed. Crazy to think we're this bad considering all the praise Fisher heaped on this team to begin with. Sad.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I disagree
    this is the one of the better teams aside from special teams and QB
    this is the worst coaching effort

but, I agree that the team's unravelling

4. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

It'll get better. We gotta prove to ourselves and each other we are wiling to stick this out.

5. iQon

iQon Starter

This just tells me team morale is gone. He doesn't want to be here now that we're losing, just cut him. Last thing we need is quitters.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's not the same roster. One of the best DTs in the game is no longer a part of it. As much as some would like to say he makes no difference, Al made a big difference.

Then you have Collins, whose never had back to back good seasons. It shouldn't be shocking that he's playing much worse, especially now that he's been asked to do more.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jevon isn't in the wrong at all. Sure you can criticize him for leaving and not sticking around, but from the looks of it, he was slowed down all week and had an idea he wasn't pulling his weight going into last Sunday. So when Fisher confirmed that Kearse was being scratched for the Colts game he was like "I thought so" and left. How could anyone benefit from him staying? What would he do, suggest to William Hayes the he uses his hands to shield off offensive lineman? William knows all of that.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yes he is in the wrong. You don't just not show up to a game when it's your job. So by that rationale, it's okay for every injured player to watch from home? It isn't. 53 people should be on the sidelines every game, even if they're out for the season.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Doesn't matter that it's his job, when you're part of a team, you support your team by being at the game, even if you can't play.

That Fisher is letting this slide tells me there are either serious issues in the locker room or that he's (once again) giving unwarranted special treatment to veterans/friends.

10. JEsports

JEsports Practice Squad

What Fisher is doing, is what Fisher does best .. keeping the media hoopela minimized and handling it internally. If Kearse was given special treatment then he wouldn't have been on the bench in the first place.

If Kearse wants to quit getting outplayed by a rookie and not sit on the bench, then he needs to get Freakish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar