Titans, Dave Ball agree to one-year deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You want to give away our 2nd best LB? Spoon has low trade value. Hes more valuable to us than to any team. The Eagles might have been a good trade partner for him but they traded for a young MLB already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

This his value to us is really his leadership which we desperately need with Finnegan gone and he plays with good energy. I think this will be his last year as a starter and maybe with the Titans not sure when his contract is up but his veteran presence is needed for one more year and I think he has another decent season left in him until we get his future replacement this year or next.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I have no doubt that we are going to draft a defensive end that will make the final 53. The only question is what round they take him in.

Like someone said earlier, I'm impressed at how the front office has worked so that we can take the best player available at #20. Our roster is far from perfect, but I don't think we have any crippling holes that must be filled.

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

yes a young mlb....not a olb like the eagles could use...their whole lb corps was bad last year...but if we draft someone like luke kuechly, are we really going to keep the best lb in the draft off the field for spoon? and if he does start is spoon going to play back up with that salary?

5. I think CB(Gilmore or Kilpatrick in 1st) DT, and C are priorities coming into the draft with OLB, Safety, DE, as middle round picks unless a highly rated player at these positions drops early in the draft and Titans will go with best player available. A late round developmental speed WR may be picked toward end of draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar