Titans, Dave Ball agree to one-year deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I love it! Ball sack had more tackles and QB sacks than both Jason Jones and William Hayes last season. Numbers don't lie.

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Great signing...not convinced this means we won't go DE in round 1 though.

DT is the greatest need right now, but we will go BPA.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Good signing, but I too don't think this chances are draft strategy. I'm surprised by it, but I too love yelling 'ball sack' during games.

Morgan
    Wimbley
    Ball
    Douzable
    Sheppard
    Egboh

We do have lots of DE's on the roster though.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Looks more and more likely that we will go BPA. I like how the front office takes care of things early.

More importantly, I am glad Ball feels comfortable enough to come back.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I love this signing. That guy always plays teste. He really is a tough nut to crack in the run game too. He could be the family jewel of the DL next year. Losing him would have been a tough pill to swallow. Glad to see the FA had the cajones to resign ball.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Not gonna lie though, I do have a concern if they think we don't still need a DE.

Wimbley & Morgan are penciled in as the starters, but we're still on the fence with both.

We still need a quality DE in the draft to be a future starter, I hope in the 1st round (unless 'BPA' is THAT much better than the DE available).

Ball is a 4th DE at best, a rotational guy.

We should carry 5 DE's only, and that should a battle between Douzable/Egboh/Sheppard.

7. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

Sheppard will not make the team and Egboh is no guarantee he would have to show a lot. Douzable is safe cause he is a tweener DT/DE for versatility.

Wimbley
    Morgan
    Ball
    Douzable

5 spot is up for grabs with Egboh and a rookie

Casey
    Klug
    Rookie
    Douzable

I see Smith and Marks on the chopping block. I guess we'll see what Divens has.

I see 7 guys as safe maybe 8 depending on when we draft a DE and we carry about 9-10

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Just because we signed Dave Ball doesn't mean we're done, he's a solid player but come on.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Is Marks contract up?

Edit: Ball is solid depth.

10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I'm surprised no one has supposed that picture of Dave Ball going for a sack with the creepiest grin in existence on his face.

Ah well, at least TitansWrath provided a good laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar