Titans D-line ranks... 30th?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

One mans opinion.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

What worries me, going in to the 2010 season, is what I'm hearing in our local papers. "The Titans are optimistic..." "Where's CJ, can we play without him?" I'm not hearing anything positive. That worries me. Throw in the towel before the preseason?
    No matter who the 53 man roster has on it, they're professionals. CJ has to live up to his contract whether he likes it or not. He signed it. CJ is not the TItans. There are 52 more of them that are capable of playing professional ball.
    What if one of these new RBs steps up and produces 1000+ yards and we have a winning record WITHOUT CJ. Now what is he worth?
    I wasn't hearing/reading this negativity going into our 'rebuilding' years!

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

30!?!? Oh God. This dude is done. Yahoo Sports needs to fire this fool LMAO @ 30th psh.

I just wrote Jason Cole an email stating the following:

Jason Cole,
    You have got to be kidding me right..... You have the Titans D-line ranked 30th?!?! Holy crap you're surely in need of a reality check my man. You need to start showing that team some love, every article you have them in you're cheating them out of something. You put their O-line 17th, and now this... I'm not sure who in Tennessee peed in your Cheerios, but wake up and write something someone will agree with. Let me help you by saying the O-line is a top 5 unit every year. And the D-line while isn't the same without Haynesworth, is surely better than the Browns and every team 16-28. I can't honestly read your stuff without wondering if you acknowledge the Titans as an NFL team. Do you just throw them in as an after thought? And why do so many of your highly ranked teams happen to be 3-4 fronts? You even said: 3-4 fronts generally don’t produce a lot of the pass rush. So whats the deal?

Lets see what he says. I'll be sure to post his response.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Look at our line, it has potential to be....sorta good, but it has a lot more potential to be terrible. Morgan has looked underwhelming thus far, our best tackle is injury prone, other than that we have nothing than average players that could turn out to be good....It could turn out to be terrible.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I say let the opponents prepare for a 30th ranked Dline. Off-season blather.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

^Right, we're better off being underestimated and have teams sleeping on us.

8. MikeyDay

MikeyDay Clutch like a stick shift

This guy is a idiot. To have the BROWNS and RAMS over us by more then 2 spots is completely stupid. STUPID. Dumb. Clueless. Hes going off oh no they lost KVB and Hanyesworth over the last 2 yrs. He forgets we still have ARGUEBLY the best pass rushing 4-3 DT from last yr in Tony Brown, and good depth behind him. We always been a no name defense. Its ok when they outperform this 30th rank, im sure some guy will write its luck or easy schedule. Titans have been a top 5 team since they been in Tennesee. Always one of the tough teams to play or beat. A team Dline beats out a big name dline. Colts Dline is always VASTLY OVERRATED. They are quick no doubt, but Freeney isnt half the damn player everyone makes him out to be. Mathis is jut a pass rusher. Both cant stop the run. Their best player on the Dline is form us, Antonio Johnson. Who never gets love. But its fine. If Jacob Ford got the starts or playing time Mathis gets, his numbers would be similiar.

9. MikeyDay

MikeyDay Clutch like a stick shift

He had our oline 17th?!?!?!?! Someone write him threat letters to quit or else... EVERYONE has said its our oline that makes CJ that damn good. They say any RB with our oline last yr woulda ran 2000.... This guy needs to stop hating. NO WAY MAWAE who is only good in pass blocking and garbage in run blocking will bring our oline down, if anything we got better on the lline. Amano is "ok" and Harris will be better at guard then Amano was. We have the best pass blocking oline in the NFL so that right there puts us better then 16 other teams, and a top 10 run blocking oline. We should be top 5. This goes to show no one pays attention to the Titans. Bcuz if they knew anything or paid attention, they would know damn well the reason why Titans are so good is bcuz we build thru the LINES. Washburn isnt a beast DLine coach for nothing. Look wut he does for us.. Top lines yr in and out. Gets the best out of all of them.

10. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

It doesn't matter what this dude thinks. We'll find out for ourselves soon enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar