Titans D after 2 games- good or bad?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Better than expected... Dodd had a sack, that's why we drafted him, 4 total sacks today needs to be more consistent. Need to create some turnovers. Need to tighten up the 3rd and long conversions. 1 offensive TD allowed from a team that put up a ton of points against the Dolts and none from MN. I think we'll know more in the next 3 weeks, too soon but so far better than expected.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm gonna go back and watch some tape but I felt like Dodd played a really good game.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Defense is about average

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We are not as good as the stats show, but we shut down a run based offense week 1 and a very good passing offense today. We aren't going to scare anyone because we don't have any real dominant players teams really have to scheme for.

But to have only given up 1 TD in 2 weeks is amazing

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

Better results on the scoreboard than expected for sure. Green Bay got beat by the Vikings too, so that's a measuring stick. Dodd is only gonna get better every week, as he had little action in the PS. And I think we will see more and more of Byard as the season progresses. Not to be forgotten; next week we will be the healthiest we've been; always a factor...

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The hands to the face call on Dodd was bogus. Even announcers admitted it. Thought he played a good game. Looked like a pro.

Honestly surprised with our D. Called a friend before the game and said I was worried about the Lion's passing O. I thought it'd be a weakness for us. I thought we held up pretty well.

As far as Cox goes, I think the missed tackle was his biggest mistake. Don't agree with the penalties. Never known of him to be a weak tackler. Hoping it was just 1 game.

I think if we can get more pressure we can be a dangerous D. Def have room to improve but seem to have a good core

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Our stats so far...

11th scoring defense**
    13th total defense*
    13th passing defense
    13th rushing defense

2 teams ranked above us(Bears, Eagles) in scoring defense play each other tonight. One team ranked ahead of us(Eagles) in total defense plays tonight. Those ranking will get better.

Even as those numbers stand that's pretty good.

The Raiders have a similar passing game to the Lions but their defense is not very good.

8. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

I loved Casey's "extra effort" to hobble Stafford at the end of that play. Kid was PISSED and it really seemed to throw him off for a bit. BEAST.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think the defense is good enough to get a few stops and make an occasional play.

We are going to have troubles if the offense can't do anything at all. If the offense can move the ball, the defense is good enough to not lose games for us and give us a chance to win.

10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Going to be a rough ride against Oakland next week. Their offense is pretty good. Defense is pretty bad though. Hard to tell which way this one will go.

IMG_20160919_065556.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar