Titans cuts thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If Ealy isn't good enough for PS, how many of our WRs are? Again - He's better than Paul Williams. Better than Chris Davis. Better than everyone other than our 1-3 on the depth chart.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What makes you think he is better? He hasn't shown anything to warrant a spot on the NFL roster.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

good special teams player with good versatility.

it would spell the end of hill's career here.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Hes a Michigan fan - every Non-Wolverine looks freakin' awsome.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

did not take lowry long to find a new home broncos scooped him right up. More surprised they cut Anotonio johnson than anyone. But the 3rd pick stevens has shown me nothing and keeping 4 te is odd but I saw it coming. Some quality safety/corner combo's out there, I think we could use another true corner! Wr would be nice.....Jackson!!!!!

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Keeping 4 TEs and 5 RBs is what surprised me the most, that's alot of dudes that could be inactive every week. Would've rather kept a couple extra DBs or DLs.

8. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Hear ye! Hear ye! The Prince of Nashville has spoken:

Jeff Fisher on what Paul Williams did to earn a roster spot:

"Well, we felt like Paul certainly improved throughout the offseason. He’s got all the skills. He’s got the height, the weight, the speed, he can catch, he’s got a lot ahead of him. There’s a lot of potential there. He’s closing the gap and he’s done some nice things for us on special teams."

HOORAH! for Paul! :woot:

The King believes Prince Fisher has done the right thing. BELIEVE!!!

9. reo

reo Starter

Blakely was injured for a good portion of the preseason. Petrowski never really had a chance.

Of all the guys available there are 2 that caught my eye, Chad Jackson and Eugene Wilson. I wouldn't really want Jackson for the active roster though. I'd prefer to try and get him on the PS which might be possible its true that he and VY are friends.

Imo signing Wilson might allow the Titans to release both Hill and Nickey since he can play S and CB... not that both would happen but imo it'd be a good thing to do. Frees up a roster spot for another player too.

EDIT: just looked up Jackson's stats. He's been active for too many games. he's not eligible for the PS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar