Titans cuts on Saturday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

God safety.... That's so true. MLB can be pushed to rd 3 or later. De ... Idk. Not sure a mid round pick gets it done. Eeeh let's get thru this season first mk
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

We have potential to a few guys break out, Edwards looks good and maybe the rotation with Wimbley works out well.
  3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Starter

I've been quite impressed with Edwards. I think he could be a serviceable starter for us at de in the future.

I'd be looking to select the bpa at safety, corner, and o tackle in the first. It would be nice if a stud safety toe is available.
  4. Ensconatus

We need a real threat at DT IMO as well. We've got role players and Casey.

Safety is weak and Griff is a joke.

Cb is a question mark

Tackle is a future need.
  5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Starter

Martin well come into his own this year.

If our coaches would let him play,Klug would be good too.
  6. Ensconatus

Well I mean he's gonna help. But I don't see a true stud.
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

Really surprised by the Velasco cut. Guess we figured he's too expensive as a backup. But I did like his ability to backup both C/G position. I know Schwenke is a fine C backup, but what about G? God forbid one of Levitre or Warmack goes down, but it would have been nice to know Velasco could step in and do well. That OG we have Spencer better be good..
  8. Ensconatus

Schwenke can rock a guard spot if he's playing center.. Center is the harder position. It's like asking a tackle to play guard. Those are always interchangeable.
  9. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

Looking at the current roster breakdown, OG & OLB is still thin. Even if Schwenke can play OG, you're asking Schwenke & Spencer to cover 3 backup spots -- I guess that's alright.

They kept 4 OLB (Ayers, Brown, Gooden & Bailey) and Gooden isn't even healthy -- veryyyy thin. God forbid Bailey would have to enter a game.
  10. Ensconatus

LB has been thin for awhile. However with fokou and Mccrutches. We can spare a bit. Fokou can play OLB if needed, putting McCarthy as the MLB. Gooden is hurt now but I'm sure if he's needed in the regular season he can come in and help.

We're not terribly thin.